chapter six

After I dropped Anthenéa off at school, I went to my office

When I arrived, I went straight to my office to see my father there. "What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"You weren't here and you got a call from Anthenéa's social worker saying that she would be here to do a few checks up on how Anthenéa had been doing"

Fuck. I hate that social worker. "So. Did you apologize to her about what you did yesterday" dad asked me. I sigh. "I tried, but she didn't want to listen"

I just hope she will give me a chance to be her father. When this semester ends, she'll be off to college and far away from me.

I know it's going to take a lot of time before she forgives me. After all, I was the one to leave her with Erika.

Speaking of Erika. One of my men informed me of her still being alive.

I sat down at my desk and began to sign some documents. Dad went back to his office after playing with all of my pens.

Him and Anthenéa have an addiction to collecting pens. Fucking weird yet adorable.

I mean, it's adorable when Anthenéa is doing it, not my dad.

___

After going through a lot of business meetings and firing some dickheads it was time to pick up Anthenéa from school.

Ever since she came back, I've tried limiting my amount of work. Usually I would come home at least two in the morning. Now that she's here I come back home at three in the afternoon with her.

On my way to her school I got a phone message from Mason saying that Anthenéa was talking to a boy again.

How many times I'm gonna have to tell her not to talk to boys. But no, she never listens to me. I can't really blame her on that.

As if yesterday her talking to a boy wasn't bad enough she has to talk to another one today as well.

It's not that I don't trust my daughter around them. It's that I don't trust men around her. She's my sweet little angel and I can't let anything happen to her.

I arrived at the school, parked my car and saw that she really was talking to a boy and for some reason that boy looked familiar.

Where did I see him? I furiously walked up towards them. " Why did I get a text from Mason saying you didn't sit with them at lunch and that you're talking to a boy again?"  I ask as I stood in front of her.

" And I already told you that you don't have a say in who I'm supposed to talk to," she says.

" Goodbye Seth"

" Wait sir. Don't be mad at her. We were just talking about our English project that we were given in class. By the way, Anthenéa , can I have your number? " The guy named Seth says, winking his eyes at my daughter.