Prologue

Adia's Point of view

I woke up with the sun on my face. "Shit!" 

I'm late for my bus to my hometown, Alexandria Bay, it's a smallish hunting and farming town in upstate  New York. I live in New York City which is a 5 Hour's Drive from my hometown.

I decided the best next thing was to call my friend Sandy, she is my best friend and we've grown up together and we move to the city together to start college for our degrees in zoology.

ring..... ring..... ring.....

Come on Sandy pick up your goddamn phone! That's when I heard her pick up,

"Hello?" Sandy asked in a groggy voice

"Sandy! Could I use your car? would it be fine if I stopped over and grab the keys for it? I need to get to our hometown so I can go on a hunting trip with my brothers" I pleaded with her

"Fine, but it better be back by The end of the week at the latest, I need it by then ok?" She said

" OK, then fair enough I just need it for like two days thank you so much I'll pay for pay your gas and whatever you'll get free coffee for the next week! I love you so much right now!" I said

" you're welcome bitch" Sandy said before hanging up the phone.

I got showered, I got dressed in some Black cargo pants, with a camouflage shirt along with some steel-toed boots, I even put on a belt bag, which kind of looked like a fanny pack but made out of leather and more rectangular like.

I put my phone, my keys, my survival essentials, and my Swiss Army knife in the belt bag and walked out the door of my apartment, and made my way to the 2nd floor where Sandy was, I took the stairs this time, the elevator was out of order, again; I swear that thing is always broken.

finally, after going down three flights of stairs I made it to Sandy's apartment. I knocked on the door and she opened it, she was wearing her pajamas still and looked half awake. She pop the keys in my hand and then said, "here you are, see you in a few days girlie" she slams the door shut and my face, damn, she must've been really tired for her to slam the door in my face.

I went across the street to the parking building and a few other apartment complexes use I found Sandy's car, a Ford Explorer, it was pretty old but still nice.

I started the car and started making my way to Alexandria Bay, it's gonna be a long 5 Hour Car drive for me

After about an hour of driving, I got to a gas station and got beef jerky and an energy drink, I also filled the tank up since it was getting close to empty.

I decided to turn on some music, then a message came up about the girl that went missing and has been missing for about three days, her name is Bai she was on a hiking trip with her friends and then disappeared out of nowhere, I hope she is ok.

TIME SKIP BECAUSE I AM A LAZY PERSON

I'm finally in Alexandria day, that was a long five hours, I never want to do it again, I want it to my parent's home, and saw all my brothers, my dad, and my mom in the dining room.

I am the youngest out of all my siblings, The second youngest out of all of us would be my brother Charlie, who's 24, then there's the middle child Aiden who's 27, the second oldest is Matt, who's 28 then there's the oldest Damien, he's 32.

No the only ones that don't live in Alexandria Bay are Damien and me, Damien lives in Maine and flew over last week.

"Hi, Adia!" Charlie said. and then you came up to hug me along with the rest of my brothers, it was just a giant circle of hugging after not seeing each other for months.

" When are we hunting?" I asked.

" first thing in the morning, " Damien said. They were preparing the compound bows so we can just grab them and go.

"Oh, did you guys get my bow out too?" I asked. Aiden handed me mine, it was a black one with a good draw weight too, being 75 pounds or 34kg.

I got the strings waxed up and practiced drawing, I still got it after not hunting for quite a bit.

Awe all made a pack of supplies in sale bags with replacement parts, like new strings, and wax for my bow, I put in some waterproof matches, a flare, and a few knives for my bag.

We then ate dinner and hung out a bit. "Hey Adia, what's NYC like?" Matt asked me

" Oh it's pretty good, it's lively all day long, and you see the craziest shit!" I said.

"Language Adia!" My mom said, "ladies don't curse"

"That's a bullshit mom! We both know you cuss so much you can make a sailor blush!" Damien said

I checked the time, 9:48 P.M. , "you know what, I'm going to bed, Night losers" I said, I walked up to my old bedroom and fell asleep.

TIME SKIP AGAIN MY READERS!

I woke up to Aiden shaking me, it was a bit before sunrise "wake up sis, we're gonna get breakfast and go hunt" he said and walked out.

I put on my camouflage pants and boots and my steel-toed boots again, I grabbed my orange vest and went downstairs to eat.

All my brothers were already down there with my dad making breakfast, just like in old times.

He made, bacon, eggs, and toast, I ate some bacon and toast with a cup of coffee while my brothers just shoveled their faces full of food.

" goddamn, guys y'all need to taste your food!" I chastised them. " no matter what you say, Adia, they'll always shovel their faces full of food," dad said.

" Now who's ready to go deer hunting?" Dad asked, we all got up and grabbed our bags, quivers, and bows, I placed my orange vest on and we went out to the truck and piled into it, me and my brothers in the back, my dad driving the truck and head out to the forest.

Once we made it we got ready, put on some gloves, got hand warmers and talked about where we are hunting, "I say we go to the North side of the river, it's where all the deer go to drink" I said.

They agreed and we headed out to the tree stands we have out there. But while walking to the north river side, I tripped and fell and got knocked unconscious.

I woke up somewhere unfamiliar.

Wait, where the hell am I?!?! I don't remember being in the fucking jungle!!!

WORD COUNT:1180

A/N: this is some back story for y'all! I hope you enjoy!