5. The Plan

CURTIS POV

When I woke up Adia was still on my chest sleeping, I quickly check her body for my mating mark, I looked at her legs first, but nothing was there, I checked her arms too, but nothing was there either.

I moved her short hair out of her face and noticed something, the mark was a copy of my beast form, a red snake that wraps around her neck with the head on her heart.

Oh. my. God. my mate loves me! Never in my legacy have I seen a feral's mark on a female's heart!!

I couldn't keep my smirk off my face, I was ecstatic. I watched as Adia stirred a bit then woke up.

ADIA POV

When I woke up I was sore and noticed Curtis smiling at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him.

"My mark is on your heart," he said happily. I looked down and a snake head was on my chest.

"What does that mean?" I asked Curtis.

"That I'm your most cherished male, here females are often cold to their mates, and hate them, the more you hate them or love them depends on where their marks show up. So if you hated me, my mark would've been on your ankle," he explained to me.

"Really? Are females here really that shallow?" I said, mostly to myself.

"Yes they are, they think they can get anything in the world, there's the mermaid female, I tried helping her and she tried stabbing me with a sharp shell," Curtis said.

"Jesus, where is she now? In the city of beasts probably, her species is looking for her, she's the only female for her species," he explained

"Really? Why do they only have one?" I asked. Why would a species only have one female?

"Their species only has one female because a female can only give birth to one female in their lifetime, and after giving birth to the female, they die, I know the current mermaid female is Qin and she's in her 200s or 300s right now" Curtis answered.

"200 to 300?!? How or why would you live that long?!?" I exclaimed. " also wouldn't that mean she's mated with her children if she's the only one and she's been alive so long?"

"Yes it would," he said " are you hungry? And do you want to put your clothes back on?"

Shit I'm not wearing anything

⚠️QUEST ACTIVATED⚠️

PUT ON CLOTHES AND GO HUNTING
REWARDS: 200 EXP and 100 salt jars. EXP pack

ACCEPT??
Y/N

I accept

"Yeah I'm gonna get dressed and then go hunt," I said and started putting on my clothes.

"Are you sure you don't want me to hunt for you?" Curtis asked me.

"No thanks, do you want to go with me?" I asked "ill show you how I hunt"

"Sure I'll try to not be a nuisance," he said and then waited outside, I finished putting on my leather corset and camouflage cloak and got my compound bow out of my inventory along with its matching quiver.