Chapter 4 - Balance of Life

Eventually, (Y/N) and the others found the main auditorium where the other new students had gathered.

After parting ways with Izumi and Ochaco, they notice Yang waving to them.

Yang: Ruby! (Y/N)! Over here, I've saved you some spots!

Ruby: Hey, We've got to go. We'll see you after the ceremony!

(Y/N): See you later, Jeanne.

As the two walked away, Jeanne tried to call out to them with no success.

Jeanne: Hey, wait! Ah, great, where am I supposed to find another quirky girl and a cute boy to talk to?!

As Jeanne walks off in disappointment, a girl with red hair stares at (Y/N) with curiosity.

Yang: So, how's your first day going, guys?

Ruby: You mean since you ditched us, and we exploded!

(Y/N): Correction, you exploded, not me.

Yang smiles at the two.

Yang: Are you being sarcastic?

Ruby: I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!

Weiss: You!

Ruby quickly jumps into (Y/N) 's arms, much to his surprise.

Ruby: Oh god, it's happening again!

Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the island!

Yang deadpans once the realization sets in.

Yang: Oh my god, you actually exploded.

(Y/N): To be fair, you were shaking that vial around carelessly.

Weiss blushes and looks away, flustered.

Weiss: Alright, you may have a point. But still, watch where you're going next time!

Ruby: It was an accident...

Ruby blushes as she realizes the position that she's in and quickly gets off of (Y/N).

Ruby: It was an accident!

Weiss hands a pamphlet titled "Dust for Dummies and other inadequate individuals" over to Ruby, who looks confused.

Ruby: What's this?

Weiss: The Schnee Dust company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy-to-follow guide to Dust applications and practice in the field.

Ruby: Uhh...

Weiss: You really want to start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely!

Weiss: Read this, and don't ever talk to me again.

Yang: Look, uh, it sounds like you two got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?

Ruby puts the pamphlet into her pocket and extends her hand to Weiss.

Ruby: Yeah, great idea, sis! Hello Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!

Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys like tall, blonde, and handsome over here!

Weiss points to (Y/N).