Chapter 6 - Seeing Red

The following morning from the entrance exam, (Y/N) woke and looked well-rested. For whatever odd reason, the nightmares he's been having have subsided for now, which he was very thankful for.

Despite this, he was still worried about what had happened with that new power of his when he helped Twilight.

After taking a warm shower and getting dressed, (Y/N) set his bed and went to the dining area, where Master Wu sat and drank from a blue tea cup.

Wu: Good Morning (Y/N), you're up early than expected. Care for some tea?

(Y/N): Yeah, that'd be great.

Wu grabbed his blue teapot and poured the drink into another blue teacup, which he handed over to (Y/N), who sat across from him.

(Y/N): Thanks.

As he blew the tea and took a sip, he felt the hot drink run down his throat, which helped him relax.

Wu: I trust you all performed well in the entrance exams.

(Y/N): Compared to fighting the Oni, this was a piece of cake.

Wu: That is good to hear. But don't allow your recent victories to make you complacent. A ninja must always remain vigilant and expect the unexpected.

(Y/N): I'll keep that in mind, Master Wu...

After a few moments, Wu noticed as (Y/N) looked down and was uncharacteristically lost in thought.

Wu: (Y/N), you seem troubled.

(Y/N): Huh? Oh... how could you tell?

Master Wu: I'm both your Sensei and your uncle. It's part of my job to know. So tell me, what is bothering you?

After a brief moment of hesitation, (Y/N) sighed.

(Y/N):  Do you remember when my father briefly took on a new form a few months ago, when we fought the Oni?

Wu: Hmm...

Wu held his chin as he tried to recall the past.

———————————————

Flashback

On the steps leading up to the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Lord Garmadon raised his four arms as purple energy ignited around his hands.

From the opposing side stood a demonic figure with skin as black as night, slotted purple eyes, long, sharp teeth, and two massive horns jutting from his head. He wore black shoulder armor, a tattered cloak, and an ornate white necklace with runes carved into it.

The Omega

Garmadon fired off blasts of his destruction power at the Omega, who merely absorbed it with his staff

The Omega: You only delay the inevitable. We can not be defeated!