Chapter 5

" Moving from place to places, Never really settled down, Without a place to call home, I got so used to the changes, Moving from stranger to strangest " 

Me and Liam were still walking. He still hadn't open up to me. Some traveling partner he is.

After we had left from the convenience store, he had just been silent.

"Lehhhhyuuuum! Talk to me. I'm borrrrrred!"

Liam looked at me and playfully rolled his eyes, "I forgot that you are a child"

I pouted, "I am not!" then I stuck my tongue out at him. Serves him right.

"Yeah Zayn. Real mature"

"Well you're not talking to me and my feet are hurting"

"Hmmm... Do you want me to carry you on my back?"

My eyes lit up in excitement.

"I take that as a yes. Come on. Hop on"

He kneeled down as I got around him and I got on his back.

"You are light as a feather!" Liam said.

"Good. That means you can endure carrying me longer"

We walked all across a grassy plain.

We kept walking until we found this red and white abandoned Cadillac parked at the side of the road.

A road in the middle of nowhere

Liam put me down and we both walked closer towards it .

"It still has the keys in the ignition" Liam said.

That was really strange.

Who would leave a car parked at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere?

"It probably ran outta gas" I told Liam.

"There's only one way to find out" he gave a smirk after he said that.

Liam pulled on the door handle.

The door popped open.

"All the doors are unlocked, get on the passenger side"

I walked around, reached the passenger door, and got in.

Liam was in the driver's seat, he turned the ignition and the car was up and running.

And the car had a full tank of gas.

Who in their right mind would leave a car full of gas in the middle of nowhere.

But hey, I ain't complaining.

"Do you know how to drive, Liam?"

He looked at me and, like always, gave me a smile.

"Of course"

After said that, he put his foot on the pedal and I literally almost shatted on myslef. He was going 80 miles ph. Twisting and turning right before even getting on the road fully. Thank heavens that we weren't on a busy road.

As we got on the road, I took a look out the back windshield. Taking a full look at where we were. We were still in the UK. Thinking that maybe it was the last of me being this close to home. So I had to give one more last glance before I could never look back again.

"Goodbye for now" I said out loud.

Liam reached over, grabbed my hand and gave me a secure thumb rub over the top part of my hand.