Chapter 6

" If you could take my pulse right now, It would feel just like a sledgehammer. If you could feel my heart beat now, It would hit you like a sledgehammer. You're taken over the beat of my body, You just don't let up, don't let up "

I woke up from a nap I took while Liam was driving. He had some talk show station playing on the radio. I looked out the window to see that it was now night time.

"Where are we, Liam?" I asked sleepily.

"Don't know specifically. I'm just following the roads. Did you enjoy your nap?" He asked while quickly looked at me with a smile plastered across his face.

"It was okay" I yawned. "I didn't expect to be out that long"

I looked out the window again and seen a sign that shown all the restaurants and stores that were at the next exit.

I was getting kinda hungry.

I decided to lay back down until the next stop.

Whatever that may be.

-

"Zayn. Zayn! Wake up!" Liam said while shaking me to wake me up

"Mmm.. Right there, Liam"

"WHAT?!"

I immediately shot up and saw a blushing Liam.

"I said 'I'm up like a flare, Liam!'"

Quick save.

I think he bought it.

"Ok well... I stopped at this small store to get us some snacks and food and stuff"

"Okay I'm coming"

I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the passenger door to exit.

Me and Liam walked towards the store and, being the gentleman he is, Liam opened the door for me to go in first.

"I'm not a girl, y'know"

"Well you are small and slender like one.....you just don't have an ass like one"

I quickly blushed and spun around.

"Who told you that you could look at my ass, you perv!?"

"Please, you know you don't care. And besides, it's not a bad thing" he then grabbed my hand in his and I quickly snatched it back.

"I don't like you"

I lied.

I walked away and walked over to the beverages aisle. I don't know why but I had a huge craving for some milk.

While I was looking for the right kind of milk, Liam was calling my name.

"Zayn. Zaynieeee. Look over here"

I scowled and turned around.

"Oh my God!"

Liam had a Pikachu mask on his face while he was pushing a shopping cart towards me.

"Go away you, weirdo. Aren't you like 50 years old? You are too old for Pokémon" I said while chuckling lowly .

"Touché Zayn. I am nowhere near 50 but look what I got!"

He then pulled out a Bulbasaur mask.

"Is that supposed to be for me?"

"Duh! Now put it on!"