princesses, princes, and.. you?

~~~~~

~~~~~

little : darcy
cg : tara
little age : 5 yrs old
plot : Darcy is playing princesses with Tara and becomes a bit upset
warning : talking about
extra: non-binary darcy (they/them), older darcy + tara (both are 24), & they both moved out into an apartment

~~~

Darcy and Tara were in the living room, sort of hanging out. Darcy was in the living room, playing princesses while Tara was watching Tv. "Mommyyy" Darcy yelled, stretching out the 'y'. "Yes bunny?" Tara turned to Darcy. "Can chu play wif me please?" Darcy asked with a pout. Tara chucked and nodded and walked over to them. "What are you playing?" Tara asked while sitting down next to Darcy. "Princess and princes!" Darcy giggled and handed Tara a doll with a pretty pink dress. "Chu is the princess, 'm the.." Darcy paused for a moment.

What was them really? They didn't feel like either a prince or princess. They felt like neither. They never heard or seen a non-binary in the royal family. What would they be addressed as? Princess is too feminine, Prince is too masculine, so what are.. they? "Hey hey sweetheart what's wrong? You paused for a moment" Tara touched Darcy's arm and they went back to their senses. "N'oting" Darcy muttered. "But.." Darcy started. "What am I?" Tara held back a laugh. "You're human ofc baby" Tara awkwardly giggled but Darcy shook their head. "No no! Not that mommy! If I'm non-biwnary, am I'm a prince or princess?"

Tara realized what Darcy mean't. "Well darling, you're whatever you feel comfortable with" "But I don't feel wike a princess or a prince!" Darcy screamed but Tara quickly shushed them. "Hey hey, let's not raise our voice" Tara warned them. "Mm.." They mumbled. "Well there are other labels than 'princess' and 'prince'. They're labels like 'Royal' or 'Royalty'" Tara smiled. "But I think Royal would fit best for you my spoiled royalty" Tara kissed Darcy's nose which made them flinch and giggled.

A/N: Sorry for the oneshot being so short! It was just something I did during while I was on the road