Chapter 16

Happy Family?

"My brother isn't the type to lie for no reason though

"My brother isn't the type to lie for no reason though."

"Liden who was there for your brother supporting him when not even you or your parents did? Is that someone who'll be angry at their boyfriends success when all I did was be supportive?" I look at Linden but he doesn't make eye contact with me in the slightest. He simply shrugs his shoulders.

"Babe, she's being honest. I've seen the way she's tried hard to convince our parents that Marlin was worthy, why would she turn on him like that?" Venice defends me, if theres anyone who could have the slightest hint about what i've gone through, its her.

"My brother isn't the type to lie about shit though Ven. Sure I didn't support my brother in the beginning but whose to say that your sister didn't get cocky after she played the role of savior?" Linden looks up from the floor and holds eye contact with my sister, who's eyebrows are dented with arising frustration.

"You have to be fucking kidding me." A laugh of complete and utter bitterness leaves my body at Linden's words. He cannot be serious? He really can't be. Everything I went through isn't going to be invalidated just because he thinks his brother doesn't have the capacity to lie. Marlin had the capability to even get me fired from my job, thats how far that asshole would go, yet lying seems like a stretch?

I roll my eyes as I curse him under my breath, I turn to make my way back into the house and my sister calls my name multiple times but I ignore her, too pissed off at this point to answer. I open and shut the sliding door with anger and as I stomp my way into the house my parent's attention turns to me.

"Why we slamming doors in my house?" My dad says with an eyebrow raised of curiosity. My mom looks in between my father and I, noticing my blatant anger.

"I should probably go," I tell them, avoiding further eye contact and glancing around making sure I didn't leave anything behind. My father puts his hands out in front of him, stopping me from heading anywhere else.

"What's going on mama? We ain't even eat yet." My father's clear confusion rings in his tone and as soon as he asks I hear the back patio door slide open. Two set of footsteps walk up behind us.

"I didn't come here to discuss Marlin and all the shit that went on in our relationship and then be doubted of all the things I went through. " I say despite Linden standing behind me, I could careless. The Morena brothers are condescending assholes and I had no obligation to be nice or respectful towards Linden.

"I didn't doubt you, I simply believe my brother." He retorts as If he isn't proving my point; He's literally doubting me. He's believing his brother when all the signs point to Marlin being a damn liar. My father looks at Linden with skeptical eyes, he knows that the first thing Marlin did was call my parent's home to tell them I got fired. He knows that whatever happened with Marlin, he's in the wrong.