Chapter 10: Cybernetic Beatdown

3rd person POV:

Before the second round of fights begin, Walker goes to the infirmary to check up on Yang, having been worried about her state since her recent attempt at self harm.

He gets to Yangs room and looks inside the window. He sees Yang hugging the pillow in her bed, a hand on its butt and a hand on the back of its head. She's watching some of the fight highlights from the first round. Walker sighs and steps inside, expecting her to not say a word to him.

Yang looks at him with a weak smile and a little wave, turning her head back to the little TV.

Yang: "Hey...your fight was really good..."

He gets up closer to her and sits down in the chair next to her bed. She reaches out and grabs his arm, caressing it gently.

Yang: "You haven't been a robot that long, have you? We've been intimate together and trust me...I know you were human back then."

Walker: "After I left. Atlas scientists had a mostly forgotten operation to fully transform a human into a cyborg. During my...point of weakness, I offered myself to be their guinea pig. I was in so much pain that I did it due to not wanting to be in pain anymore, that I'd rather most likely die right then and there with a purpose then live miserably with nothing to show for it. I didn't want to be a huntsmen anymore, I felt completely alone, I had no desire to do anything...so I did it. And after three months of being dead, they successfully transformed me into what I am now."

Yang looks away with a sad smile, a very broken sad smile.

Yang: "I see."

She cuddles the bear even tighter, putting it under her blanket and holding it as tight as she could.

Yang: "This bear has given me more physical affection since you guys gave me it then after you left. I felt so alone during those months...but unlike you I deserved it. I still do. While my reason for what I did isn't malicious, in your own words, I still did what I did."

She looks at her hands and winces in pain.

Yang: "My body still feels dirty, tainted. No matter how many showers or hot baths I took...I never felt clean. And I'm the only one to blame for that."

Walker remains silent and thinks to himself before something clicks.

Walker: "Jaune had to have agreed to this though for that to happen."

Yang: "I mean...yeah. I told him of my frustrations with you "cheating", he suggested it..."

Walker: Wait...what?!
.
.
.
Walker POV:

BEGIN RECORDING?

YES. <— NO.     DELETE PREVIOUS FILE.

RECORDING STARTED...

Walker: "Repeat that?"

Yang: "I was hiding out in the gym area and I guess Jaune must have passed by on his way somewhere else and heard me crying. I explained what was going on."

...

Walker: "Explain."

Yang sighs and pushes the bear up closer to her face, the head covering her mouth and making her muffled.

Yang: "He suggested I get back at you if you were cheating...I brought up the fact that him and Pyrrha were dating and he said that Pyrrha was too "pure" to do things so early into a relationship."

So this was still when he was a bit of an airhead...of course.

Yang: "And...it just sort of clicked in me. I did it because of me wanting to pay you back...I didn't give two shits about Jaune like that...it was all for revenge for something that didn't exist..."