Chapter 1

Geoffrey had a rough day. Between working, going to school, and the studio to work on his demo, he had a lot on his plate. Some days he wouldn't get home until the early morning hours. He figured if he kept hustling it would all be worth it in the long run.

He went to wait for the bus. He couldn't wait to get an album deal so he could finally afford his own car. He hated taking the bus after work. It took for-ever to get there! He usually waited an hour or so since his shift ended right as it was passing. Today it was raining when he walked out. A typical New York December day.

"Good thing it's not snowing," he thought, "It's so damn cold!"

Geoffrey Royce Rojas was definitely a dreamer. At seventeen-years-old he worked, studied, and dreamed of becoming a famous singer. His demo was in bachata, the Dominican-style music he grew up with and loved very much. He dreamed of touching many people's heart through his lyrics and making them dance through the tropical sounds of bachata.

Thinking about how great it would be to make it big, he was at the bus stop for about ten minutes when someone came and sat next to him on the bench. He looked up briefly and was taken aback by the beautiful brown eyes he was met with. He looked back up again, but she had looked away. He didn't notice the bus had pulled up. In a trance he followed the girl on the bus and watched as she went to sit near the back. He sat near the middle by himself. He took out his notebook to work on some lyrics. After a while, he saw the mystery girl walk out. He watched her as she disappeared into the streets of Upper Manhattan.

Geoffrey still had some way to go. He was heading towards South Bronx. He sat back and thought about those deep brown eyes. She must have been freezing. She was bundled up in her sweater and scarf. The only thing he was able to see were her eyes and the bronzed-color of her skin. He also noticed that she sat there completely alone. She didn't take out her phone to call or text anyone. She just sat there waiting for the bus.

Geoffrey mentally shook himself. He really needed to focus on the song he was writing. He was probably never going to see her again so he shouldn't get too worked up about her any way.