Chapter 3

~Geoffrey~

It has been two weeks since he saw that girl at the bus stop and for some reason he can't seem to get her out of his mind. When he's at work or school and starts to day dream, he can't help but picture those beautiful brown eyes. When he's writing new lyrics about love and romance he thinks about her and what he would do if she were his. When he dreams at night all he sees is her.

Her. Her. Her.

What was her name? What did the rest of her face look like? How long was her hair? Was it curly or straight? Did she have a nice smile? What did her voice sound like? Would she even bother to give him the time of day?

So many questions he asked himself and it was driving him insane! How can he have such an immense interest in a complete stranger? He hasn't seen her since that rainy day and after a few more days of nothing, he doubt that he ever will.

Geoffrey continued his day and his normal routine while trying to forget about that girl. A week after he decided that it was time to move on, he quit his job at the phone retailer and became a bus boy at IHop. He figured the tips would help him get a little more money. Too bad the restaurant was in Manhattan. He reasoned that at least it was closer to the studio and then from the studio he could go straight home.

One day he was cleaning a table up for a small party of 3 when all of a sudden he froze. No way. There was no way! The girl from the bus stop was standing right there waiting for him to clear the table and sit down.Geoffrey blinked and finished clearing the table so she and her two companions could sit down. He moved out of the way and into the kitchen to put the plates and utensils in the sink and just thought about what had happened.

Could it be the same girl? Of course, there was no doubt. He had dreamed of those same eyes and bronzed skin for weeks! He saw the way her eyes widened just a bit when she saw him, but couldn't guess why. Maybe she remembers him too. Geoffrey just couldn't believe it. She was even more beautiful that he imagined. But what a coincidence! How? This was such a huge city and during his first week he already found her. Did she come into this IHop a lot? God, he sincerely hoped so.

~Natalia~

No way. There's just no fricken' way! What were the odds of seeing him again? She was shocked to find him here. Natalia came into this IHop once a week to meet up with Veronica and Sam since they live so far apart now and she has never seen him here before. Maybe he just started working here.

"Hello? Earth to Natie!!" Veronica called close to her ear.

"Sorry! What?"

"I was just pointing out that you just got an admirer."

Natalia gave her a confused look.

"Oh, come on! You didn't notice that bus boy gawking at you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Natalia said indifferently.

"Jesus Natalie" Veronica said exasperated, "when are you gonna finally admit that you're beautiful? Just admit it! Admit it and we can move on."

Natalia rolled her eyes. Sure, she knew she was pretty, but not pretty enough to turn heads when she walked in a room, the way Veronica always said she did. "Let's order," Natalia told her. Veronica sighed and let it go. Natalia loved her friend dearly like a sister, but she could be so persistent in her pursuits to be right that it can get a little irritating.

Natalia mechanically followed the routine of her friends and had breakfast with them. She was good at controlling her emotions and keeping her thoughts to herself. Which is exactly what she needed. She couldn't have Veronica hammering her with questions when Natalia herself didn't even know what she was clearly thinking about. It was clear that it was the same boy from the bus stop, that much she knew, what she didn't know was why she had such crazy feelings inside from seeing him again. Yes, she admitted to herself that she was attracted to him, but that was it. She moved on and tried to forget him figuring that they would never meet again. But maybe that was just it. She never thought that she would see him again. And now that he showed up again...what now? This can't be just some coincidence. Some freak act of nature. But what if it was? What if this was some sort of sign? She mentally kicked herself. Natalia Reyes didn't believe in "signs from the Universe" and she wasn't going to start now.

She looked around to see if she could get another glimpse at the bus boy. He was half way across the restaurant cleaning up a table for a small family of three. He looked up and their eyes met. Something passed between them that she refused to acknowledge when they looking into each others eyes.Then he smiled and her breath caught in her throat. What an adorable smile.