Chapter 5

~Royce~

Geoffrey, or Royce, as he preferred to be called, never thought Natalia would surprise him like she did the other day. In all the weeks that he saw her, all he wanted to do was talk to her. She was so beautiful it almost hurt. It hurt to be so close to her and not be able to say anything. He dreamed of her beautiful brown eyes for weeks before he first saw her, officially, at the IHop he was working at. When he had to start the conversation he had to stop before he opened his mouth or else he would say something stupid like, "Hey! I remember you! I mean I never actually saw your face, but I'm completely sure that your beautiful brown eyes are the same ones I saw at a bus stop over two months ago." Uh, No. He was incredibly attracted to this girl and the last thing he wanted to do was turn her off from him by acting like some kind of stalker.

He did a wonderful job during their first meeting though and that made him proud. He looked into her eyes instead of her mouth, although there was absolutely nothing wrong with her lips. Every week that she showed up with her friends he couldn't focus on work. Dreaming of kissing those lips and looking into her eyes as he devoured every inch of her body. Making sweet love to her and worshiping her body the way it deserved to be. Then serenading her with one of his songs in the aftermath of it all.

Since they started talking, she started going in to the IHop more frequently until she started going every day. Natalia had been going in every day for the past two weeks when Royce finally asked, "So, can I finally get your number so I can call you and we can go out sometime? You know, away from this place?"

"What do you mean? There is nothing wrong with pancakes," She retorted.

Royce has come to know her well enough to know when she was joking. She had a really expressive face. So he merely smiled and said, "You know what I mean. This place is great, but I would love to take you out on an official date. Soon."

"Ah, so are we dating now?"

"We will be when you finally give me your number and I can take you out."

Natalia was pensive for a moment. Royce held his breath until she finally smiled and grabbed a napkin where she wrote the magical seven digit number. She handed it to him and without another word she got up and left. He looked at it and saw with surprise it was ten digits. He looked at the area code. It didn't look very familiar. He looked at it longer until he realized where it was from. He froze and saw that it was from the Upper East Side.