Rest after Rain

"For a businessman, you're quite a romantic,"

It was one of the first things he said, his voice weakened, the statement a little sarcastic and playful to lighten up the mood, it had come off a little condescending despite them just having come from dinner, and getting caught in the rain and saying I love you's with such ease. Something he had not regretted but maybe dreamed for better timing preferably than rushing in, but he didn't know if this was the pace normal couples go through, he just yearned possibly he too would be looked at with that level of adoration every time.

"For my employee, you're quite demanding," the ladder had chuckled, his voice slightly strained from the laughing with his posh accent at his previous comment, the smile on his face still weak of puppy love, something he deemed he couldn't have been qualified to be seen as. A fragile fulfillment had panged his heart that he had received the statements behind what had squeaked insulting. Before the message had hit him thoroughly, coughing and sputtering lightheartedly as he rolled onto his side of the seat, performing dramatically as if he offended him, how dare he! He's not dramatic, if anything he's the opposite!

"Me? Demanding? I beg to differ, Doctor," as he rested there, facing the man who just sat next to him, the car slightly warming up due to the heater being turned on. A godsend that slowly decayed the frigid water that dampened on them not too long ago.

Play-full arguing between the two started to commence, the domestic spectacle was filling the air as a smooth fragrance as if it was no other than another night; playing around as if they had known each other for years. Something that had soothed the formerly deprecating thought that had passed the mind of the brunette.

"You? Beg? I mean who could've ever guessed? Bryan Divil, begging me?" That hypocrite, behaving and acting as if he wasn't the one whining and pleading for Bryan to get out of the rain, yet had joined him not too long after.

It had struck Bryan with a sense of annoyance and a familiar presence, it left Bryan trying to fill in his justification and testimony as the other one had smugly smirked with a level of entitlement, tenderness, and having the last laugh. It all the more made Bryan hesitate with the guilt of the previous aggressiveness but fueled him with jokingly bitterness.

"Pfffttttt, as if! You act like you weren't whining to me to get out of the rain!" As he pointed one of his fingers up to the shoulder of the man driving them to a location where they can get cleaned up. Which location? He had an idea but wasn't entirely sure about it

The other hand holding up most of the blanket wrapped around him, he slightly shivered from a small wind of the ac that had hit him. As he accused the other of more embarrassment, pride had washed over his embarkation and shame as the other grew a little pinker from the burden of knowing he had implored Bryan to get out of the rain for him, until they both got drenched by sudden heavy rainfall. Giving rise to him swelling in even more gratification of him having the final word.

"You were the one begging me to go in the rain! As if we weren't going to get soaked and sick over it," They had started to become louder, as much as they could after hours of what had seemed to strain their vocal cords. The friendly fire between the two had erupted, as a sense of jesting and teasing had become a competition in this arena, hitting this audience with a new awareness of tone significance. It was becoming a laughing tournament between dramatically shouting to heighten this new contest or just to taunt one another, romantic undertones were still creeping up as their cheeks filled with red embarrassment and laughter.

As they started to get closer to each other's hit zone with every new count of humiliation and accusations folding the air, it was until they both had arrived at Vendi's house, perhaps since it was the closest to their location from the dinner, it was a delightful place too, the elegance of it all had captured him. The large ceilings and small tables for couples had hit romantic, it had made him all the more sentimental.