The Rain loves the Wind

The number that was most recently on Vendi’s phone was not one he enjoyed for, he knew it was selfish of him to want that for the remainder of his phone's call history, he understood it was better than he could ask, but he still dreamed of it. He didn't comprehend why he would suddenly want it, it was a strange consistency but witnessing Bryan's phone number on the top of his contact list had produced euphoria in a way.

As aware of he is when he called him around 16 different times last time they had talked, he tells himself it's for good reason despite how he normally leaves it at 5 calls and a voicemail for the others in this company. The man on the other side of the phone told him in person what had happened, empathy coursing through his veins as understood why. It was rough for him to come to terms with, let alone how much the park owner was affected by it.

However, there was a present and the present was now, for the both of them, for how long they have, they will find a way to make up the time. Whether it be having as much time together as they can, or it be of other means, he didn't mind, he just wanted the man to look at him the same way he did.

To speak with him every chance he gets, even if it's impossible sometimes due to the workload they both find each other in, maybe just leaving a voicemail for him, anything.

Whether it was Bryan conversing with him or him arriving over for a tiny stay, it had made him feel a certain way towards the brown-haired and saddened individual, saddened by the things that have happened to him recently. Something he wasn't used to seeing in the man, something he wanted to alleviate and see him thrive, to see him smile under the company as Bryan smiled at Vendi like the sun.

Bryan was explained in Vendi's mind like the sun, but he had a force that rippled through as the rain had on puddles, Vendi wasn't very fond of good weather, he got sunburnt easily and overly hot from the warmth that increased with the sun, a tragedy but he wasn't one to leave his office at day often. Seeing the rain was a different story, it generated a calming feeling throughout his body and produced a scent he frankly appreciates, despite noticing the rain every now in then in his life, a variable he never truly takes for granted, to bask in it.

Even though he had merely called him and seen him the last week, something urged him to see him again, to call him and see the number dialed before being picked up by the mall owner like he has nothing else to do. To pick up and clear his schedule for Vendi, like Vendi does for him, to drop everything for them might not be healthy but they could communicate on that later, when they fully and officially get together.

"Oh, hello Bryan, and Gregory...?" The little one coming over was a surprise, not one he found himself hating but one he finds himself merely amused from. The two of them walk in, as the night barely starts falling slowly upon them, the dusk lights that painted the sky slowly turning to a dark navy blue, a tint he finds himself appreciating viewing on Bryan, the pink hues resting on his hair and face.

"Ah yes, sorry! I couldn't find the time and, he wanted to come, so he fell asleep on me," Bryan had chuckled apologetically, unreasonably quiet, as the petite brunette who presumably stuffed his head into his father's hair, was sleeping. A tinge of perplexity hit Vendi, measly wondering what Bryan's hair smells like, if it had smelled like the rain like he imagined, as if he was in position of Gregory, near his hair, however, he wasn't a small child anymore and Bryan was his, employee, he coughs to himself internally.

The large winter coat barely showed his slightly lighter hair than Bryan’s, the medium brown, and messy hair had just been seen by him scanning the scenario put in front of him, subtle fondness for the child had slowly flooded in, he knew he wasn't the parent of Gregory but parental instincts started to kick in, the ones he tends to associate it with Ivy.