chapter 11

I managed to get around 4 hours of sleep last night. I went to bed probably by 12:30 but probably didnt fall asleep until 1:30 ish and now it's 5:45. I'm so used to waking up early because I need to get out of the house by the time my dad wakes up, otherwise... well you know.

Usually since it's a Sunday I'd be getting ready right now to head to the morning shift at work and then spend all day at JJ's house with Amari. But obviously that's not how today is going to be. I like to stick to routine so even though I'm probably not going anywhere right now, I want to get ready anyways.

I desperately want to take a shower. I doubt any of them are up right now considering it's a weekend but at the same time I don't know anything about their lives. I don't think a quick shower can hurt though.

So I grab a thin and grey long sleeve shirt and another pair of black skinny jeans to change into along with a pair of boxers. I'll poke around their bathroom to find a new toothbrush and toothpaste.

Quietly I open the door and look around the hallway to look for any traces that someone might be up, but it's all clear. I walk softly across the hall to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. Looking around I notice it's a huge ass fucking bathroom. I mean it's probably bigger than my old living room from home. It's got an expensive looking shower, marble sinks, a huge ass mirror, and the toilet looks so clean it's almost blinding me.

I make a move for the shower, slightly confused with how to turn the water on, but I figure it out and make sure it's set to hot. I'm surprised at how little time it takes to heat up, as the shower at home would take up to 5 minutes just to get warm. I go to feel the water with my hand, before realizing my mistake. I need to wrap my motherfucking cast. Shit I hope they have plastic wrap.

I leave the shower on, hoping to be speedy in my trip to the kitchen. Opening the door, I sort of tip toe down the stairs, like I'm some armature in a ninja movie.

Before I walk in to the kitchen, I listen to see if anyones in there, but it's silent so I just walk in not expecting Adrian to be sitting at the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee and working on something on his computer.

Before I can retreat, he looks up startled but then realizes who I am and lets loose again.

"Hey I didn't expect you to be up for at least another couple hours," he says. I notice him look me up and down quickly before looking me back in the eyes.

"I usually wake up at this time," I inform him, awkwardly standing there and trying to seem less nervous than I actually was.

"Oh alright," we stare at each other for a moment, both not knowing what to say. "Are you hungry?" He asks breaking the silence.

"Actually I was going to take a shower," I say, feeling weird that I was telling him about this. "But I need some plastic wrap for my uh.. y'know," I lift up my arm to show him.

"Ah," he says getting up from his seat and walking over to the cabinets. He reaches up to open one thats higher up, causing his shirt to lift up slightly. I notice he has tattoos on his abdomen, and his abs are very defined. That's a weird thing to notice, idiot. Adrian grabs the plastic wrap and then begins to walk over to me smiling slightly. Shit I hope he didn't catch me staring, that would he hella fucking embarrassing.

"Here. You need some help putting it on?"

"Uh, no I got it," I say taking it from his hands. He looks at me questioningly and smirks a little.

"You sure? That might be a little difficult for a one handed man," he chuckles. As much as it would probably make my life easier, I don't want him touching me anywhere.