chapter 20

Elijah and I hung out for the entire third block. We talked the entire time. The guys actually a funny ass dude, and I learned a lot about him in the 45 minutes we spent in the c2's staircase. Surprisingly no one really passed by, so we were safe for now.

Apparently Elijah moved last year from Massachusetts because his dad got a better job here or some shit like that. He's got like 5 siblings so I guess he doesn't get a lot of attention at home. Which explains why he is the way he is.

I didn't really tell Elijah anything personal about myself except for where I moved from and who my friends were back home. I think he understood that I wasn't a personal person, and I like that about him.

When block 3 ended, Briana, Lindsey, and another girl came over to the staircase carrying their lunches.

"Well I guess you found us," Briana said laughing when she spotted me.

"He found me," Elijah said. "I saved his ass today from the inevitable Mr. Collins."

"If 'saving my ass' counts as getting me a detention, than I guess you're right," I said sarcastically.

"Elijah!" Briana shouts coming over to push him, "you did not!"

"Hey, hey! I'm sorry, okay! That was definitely not my intention. But I'm glad I did cause now I won't have to go through it alone," he said smirking at me.

"What happened anyway?" Briana asks, moving to walk out of the staircase. We all follow her to a table that's outside of it and sit down.

"Long story short Collins is an ass, we picked a fight with him and then this punk got up and left so I followed him out. Then we skipped third period and I found out he's already basically part of the friend group, so why not just drag him here to hang with us," Elijah says filling them in.

Briana gives me a look and then says "what happened to not skipping any classes for at least a few weeks, huh?"

"I mean I was going to do that, but uh.."

They start laughing, Lindsey including which surprises me a little because she seems very shy.

"Sure," Briana laughs. "Quinn this is Gwen, you already know Lindsey, and Noah should be coming over soon."

"Sup' Quinn," Gwen says smiling. "We don't know anything about you but these two haven't been able to stop talking about you since they first met you." Lindsey immediately goes red and Briana rolls her eyes.

"Shut up Gwen, obviously if a guy threatens to beat up a guy he barely knows to save a girl, it's gonna get a reaction. We appreciate what you did for her, Quinn."

"Nah don't even thank me," I say.

"I can't wait until Lindsey finally breaks up with that douche bag," Elijah says pulling out his lunch box from his bag.

"I get it guys. He's a douche, but most of the time he's good to me," Lindsey pipes in, defending her boyfriend.

"If good to you means flat out abusing you-"

"Shut up Elijah! Let's just stop talking about him," Briana says. It's pretty obvious that Briana is overprotective of Lindsey. They must be very close.

"Fine," Elijah says stealing one of Gwen's french fries.

"Hey! Back off," Gwen shouts slapping his hand away. Elijah laughs and shoves it in his mouth making a face.

"You guys are so childish," Briana says trying to hide her amusement. I smile at that, reminded of my friends back home. God I really wish JJ and Amari could meet these guys, they'd definitely like them.