2.10. Goodbyes

Goodbyes

It's been a day since the battle of New York. Natasha, Clint and Costia decided to moved back in to the Shield headquarters in DC.

Costia was sitting in her apartmet, it changed a lot since she first moved in over two years ago. So much had changed in that time. Actually everything had changed, to the better. Costia heard three knocks on her door, "Come in!" Costia said, she didn't want to move from her position at the couch.

"Have you seen the news?" Costia asked as Natasha sat down beside her on the sofa, she was currently switching between channels but every single one of them reported about the group of heros who saved New York.

"Yes," Natasha said as she laid an arm around Costias shoulders, "I love how they mostly talk about the male patricians of this team."

"Right?!" Costia said annoyed as she waved with the TV remote in her hand, "Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm less of a..." she searched for a word. 'Hero' was printed all over the news, but she couldn't call herself that, she didn't think she deserved that title.

"You can say it." Natasha said as she looked down a little at Costias face, Costia looked up to her. They both smiled at each other. "Doesn't mean I'm less of a hero." Costia finished her sentence quietly before she leaned in, Natashas and her lips meeting in a quick kiss.

-

Natasha, Clint and Costia got out of the Shield car they were driving in just before, they were meeting with the other Avengers and Loki today. The two were going back to Asgard so the team decided to tell them goodbye.

Natasha wore her beige leather jacket, the one Costia loved so much. She also wore boots with heels so she was taller than Costia. Not that she wasn't already taller before.

The three Shield agents watched along with Stark, Steve and Bruce as doctor Hedwig handed Thor the Tesseract. They agreeed that it would be best if it was out of reach for them, well, Stark didn't fully agree with it.

Natasha leaned over to Costia, "Looks like he is into this gag and chained up stuff." she whispered. The blonde smiled as she eyed Loki.

"I don't blame him." Costia smirked.

Thor and Loki both grabbed the box the Tesseract was in and within seconds they were surrounded by a blue light. After a few more seconds they were completely gone.

Stark returned to his fancy car along with Bruce, Costia and Steve walked a little with them, they both shook his hand goodbye.

Steve and Costia watched as the two scientists drove off, the deck of the car open. The two walked back to Natasha and Clint, they were waiting at the car ready to drive back to the Shield headquarters.

"Where are you gonna go?" Costia asked Steve as she positioned herself next to Natasha. "I'm not quite sure yet." the Captain said. They all said their goodbyes before Steve drove off on his motorcycle.

"We should stop somewhere and eat lunch." Costia said as they got back into the car. Clint was driving, Natasha on the front seat next to him so Costia was left alone in the back. "Or dinner." Costia added, "What the hell do you eat at 4pm?" she asked as the two in the front seats smiled.

"Hey! Don't smile at me." Costia warned, "That's a serious question." she stated but she started laughing after that too.

The three actually ended up getting lunch/dinner together before they drove back to the Shield headquarters.

-

It has been a week since Costia moved back in her old room, everything was getting normal again. Costia woke up from a person knocking at her door, but it wasn't Natasha. She'd know that she only had knock three times to wake Costia up. But the person at the door seemed to be unaware of that.