6.5. Poser

Poser

The three had left the subway, to their luck it was almost empty. Trains had just arrived on both sides of the Platfrom. After they had walked a little while Yelena had put off her Blazer and wrapped it around her waist because of the high temperatures. Costia was still bleeding, she hoped it would stop soon because she was very tired of pressing the fabric on her wound.

None of them really talked much, Natasha just asked her wife once in a while if she was still okay. She was aware Costia wasn't "okay" but she answered with yes every time. The pain from her stomach wasn't going away, she walked a little stiff because of it. She tried to not make it too obvious but Natasha kept glancing at her wordily.

They continued to walk until they ended up at a gas station a little secluded from the city. There was a little shop right next to it, the three walked inside. "The Red Rom's still active. Where is it?" Natasha asked Yelena as they entered, ignoring the man behind the counter. Her and Costia had accepted the fact that Dreykov was in fact not dead. There was no denying, they had seen the widow themselves.

"I have no idea." Yelena said as she looked around in the shop. "He moves locations constantly. And every widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximus security." she said as she walked in the backroom, it was rather small but she found what she was looking for.

"I'm just finding it hard to believe that he could stay off our radar." Natasha said. Costia had wondered the same thing, wouldn't they've known if Dreykov was still out there? Wouldn't he have wanted to get them back or kill them? Maybe more Natasha than Costia, the blonde wasn't really his business anymore. Not since she got to Hydra.

The fear of anyone from Hydra coming back to haut Costia was still in the back of her head, she knew she wouldn't be able to handle it. The Red Room catching up to her was more than enough stress.

"Well, it's not smart to attack an Avenger if you want to stay hidden. I mean, the clue is in the name." she said, Costia had to admit it actually made sense. "Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you."

"Wait, what are the big ones?" Natasha questioned.

"Well, I doubt the god from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight."

"Why am I not one of the big ones?" Costia asked offened, she was sure as hell she would come to avenge Natasha. "You have to take multiple ibuprofens after a fight." Natasha said dry, Costia just rolled her eyes at that. Well, she was right.

"Where did you think I was all this time?" Yelena asked, Costia could hear the bitterness in her voice. Yelena felt like she had no one in this world who cared for her, that just wasn't true. Natasha and Costia did, but that was probably hard to believe when they both left her alone in the Red Room.

Over the years they had talked about Yelena often, they wanted to find her but they never did. Now they wished it was different. If they just found out the Red Room still existed earlier they could've taken it down with the help of the Avengers and Shield. But it was too late now, and they didn't want to think about the past too much.

Thinking back to the days as Avengers always saddened them, it was painful to think of everything they had now that they had lost most of it. At least they hadn't lost each other... yet?

Natasha walked over to the sink to wash her hands while she answered, obviously trying to hide her face from Yelena. "I thought that you got out and were living a normal life." she said, Costia was aware that it wasn't at all what she thought. But Costia didn't know what she thought either, all she gathered was that Yelena had to be somewhere out there.