Prolouge

No POV

Alecto, one of the one of the three Furies, the three chief servants of Hades, and the head torturers in the Underworld.

What Hades ask them to do they must obey and complete said task. The task normally include torturing damned souls in the Feilds of Punishment, or maybe dragging a soul to the underworld.

What Alecto, nor her sisters, knew how to do was care for a child. So you could imagine their suprise when Hades had ordered her and her sisters to do just that, and it was a child of his, a direct violation of the oath he had taken with his brothers.

Alecto looked down at the baby in her arms wrapped in a dark purple blanket. She didn't know what to do, even if the child was in the process of being born before the oath and was born seconds after the oath was made he was still a violation of it.

She had resigned herself to attempt to take care of it, even if she didn't know how, but she knew that the Styx wouldn't be happy about this child being born, no matter the circumstances.

Alecto sighed as she set the baby down in a crib. Even if it had just been born hours ago a room was already made for it, that was undead efficiency for you.

Alecto turned when she heard someone enter the room and finds Hades. She bowed immediately.

"Lord Hades." Alecto greets.

"How is he?" Hades ask the fury as he walks up to the crib.

"He seems fine so far, though I am not expirenced in child care." Alecto answers earning a nod from the King of the Undead.

Hades stared at his child with a gleam of fondness in his eyes and a ghost of smile on his face.

Though it doesn't last long as his eyes dart to the corner of the room where a woman with long ebony hair paired with obsidian eyes appeared wearing a purple and black dress.

"Breaking the oath already?" She asked, "Does my river mean nothing?"

"I had not known of the oath when he was inside of his mother, nor that it would be made on they day he was born." Hades answers standing infront of the crib protectively.

"That matters not, he still violates the oath you just made hours ago." Styx responds, "I will not have an oath made by you and your brothers violated seconds after it is made."

"You will not touch him." Hades tells the goddess the shadows seeming to grow around him.

"I myself do not punish Olympians." Styx says with a smirk, "I merely prayed to someone that the violator of the oath be removed."

Hades stares at her for a moment before going to grab his son, but unfortunately he is too late as a portal envelops him taking the baby away.

Hades turns to Styx furious, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Hades shouts with the whole underworld shaking, the souls within his robes seeming to be equally as furious.

"I did nothing. Khaos took your child." Styx answers making Hades freeze.

Hades glares at the goddess for a moment before letting her dress go dropping her to the floor.

"Leave." Hades orders her in an all too quiet voice, and Styx waste no time in doing so. Alecto follows the goddesses example and leaves aswell.

Elsewhere, a lone young woman wearing shaby armor that looks like she just put animal hide on herself. Her black hair stood out from the headdress she wore.

The woman looked down at the scource of crying, a baby wrapped in a dark purple blanket.

"A baby?" The woman questions, "Here in the reach?"

The woman looked around but could find no signs of anyone being around. She looked back to the baby and was about to start to calm it when a voice came from behind her.

"Astrny what's the crying?" A female voice spoke up.

The now named Astrny turned around with the baby in her arms.

"It's a baby!" She called back.

A few moments later a male and a woman both came into view. Both of them seemed to be wearing the same type of garment Astrny wore, but the other woman was without the headdress and a bow on her back.

"A baby?" The woman ask confused.

"Why'd you take it?" The male ask equally confused.

"It was just lying there." Astrny tells the two walking up to the them, as she tried to get the baby to calm down.

"Luckily we have no hagravens." The male says with a chuckle.

"What do we do with it?" The woman ask Astrny.

"Quiet it for now." Astrny says as she heads into a weird looking tent.

__ __ __
__ __ __