Chapter 12 The Harbinger

Y/n PoV

"So you saw me in your dream?" I ask and Kodlak nods.

"Yes. You were surrouned by the dead as a werewolf loomed behind you." He tells me.

"Black eyes and black fur, about three heads taller than myself?" I ask and he nods. "That would be my werewolf form then."

"How did you come by the beast blood?" Kodlak ask me.

Kodlak PoV

When the question left my mouth I saw his face darken. The shadows seemed to grow aswell.

"Hircine thought it to be fun to curse me." He told me.

From the look on his face I could tell how he thought of the beast blood. Everyone has their own story, and I can take a good guess and say his story about how he got the beast blood isn't one he smiles upon.

"You could join the companions." I tell him. "I heard about your spar with Aela."

"No thank you." He tells me. "I seek to rid myself of this curse as soon as possible."

"Very well." I tell him. "Some of the companions see the beast blood as a blessing, try not to be too hard on them."

"I will do my best." He says and gets up and walks away.

I found a sigh escape my lips as I saw him turn the corner and head up the stairs. Maybe I should have told him everything I saw in my dreams.

The way the werewolf was bound in black chains that seemed to come straight from the shadow, and dragged it into them. Maybe I should have mentioned the way the dead stood around him like soldiers waiting for an order.

The way the shadows wreathed around him along with the air of death. Cracks in the ground spread from him as black fire seeped out of them.

When my eyes meet his ebony ones I felt fear. Hounds bigger than I ever saw gazed at me from the shadows. I could tell their were other things aswell. Probably the most concerning part was the woman about to bite into his neck and the werewolf was disappeared as she did. Before it could happen I woke from the dream.

I felt bad for anyone who would get in the way of his goal.

"Did he join?" Aela ask bringing me from my thoughts. I also hopped he wasn't going to be controlled,

"No." I tell her. "Tread carefully when the topic of beast blood is brung up around him."

She nods staring in the direction of the stairs.

__ __ __
__ __ __