Chapter 1 First Hunt

Astrny POV

"No (Y/n) you can't go hunting with Reaka." I tell the 6 year old boy staring at me as his face turns to a pout.

"Why not?" He ask confused, he already had the small shortbow Caleth made for him in his hands.

Before I could answer Maelen spoke up, "Because your aim with a bow sucks, and neither it or those arrows will do anything to sabercats."

(Y/n) turns to Maelen and takes an arrow out of the quiver and throws it like a knife at him, and much to Maelen's displeasure it scratches his arm.

"Brat." Maelen growls and I hear Raeka laugh.

"You say his aim sucks yet he always manages to hit you." Raeka says with a smirk.

"Its just a scratch." Maelen defends, "He never actually gets a arrow in."

"My, I knew you had something for corpses but wanting a child in you." I hear Farron say, and Raeka and I both quickly throw a rock at his head.

"Don't say that type of stuff around (Y/n)!" I yell at him.

"Huh?" I hear (Y/n) say confused.

"Don't worry about it (Y/n), just forget what that cur says." I tell (Y/n) who nods.

"Okay mama." (Y/n) says, "So about hunting..."

"No." I tell him and his shoulders slump.

"Don't worry kid I'll go hunting deer next week and you can join me then." Raeka says ruffling his hair.

(Y/n)'s eyes seem to light up a bit and he looks up at her with a smile, "Really?"

"Promise." Raeka tells him.

"Fine." I say, "But you better come back with a big one (Y/n)."

"I will!" (Y/n) says as he walks away.

"Those rocks hurt." Farron says rubbing his head.

"Stop saying perverted stuff around (Y/n) and the mama bear wont come after you." Maelen says.

"And who are you, the cool uncle?" Farron ask and Maelen nods.

"And you're the shady relative." Maelen says as he and Farron walk off, "We'll take care of that imperiel patrol by the way!" He shouts back to me.

Yes, as it turned out we wound up keeping the baby, or (Y/n) as I named him. Suprisingly the child wasn't that hard to take care of, granted their were a few incidents.

But as long as he is with me, Raeka, Maelen or Belada he's fine. Any other sod can't be left alone with (Y/n) for more than an hour before they forget about him or he wanders off.

(Y/n) is a quiet kid that doesn't stir much trouble, and seemed to not be bothered by someone being bloody or a body, guess that's what growing up with Forsworn does to you.

Some of the newcomers don't like (Y/n) though, claim 'I don't like those dead eyes' or 'That kid sneaks up on you out of the shadows', a bunch of excuses for milk-drinkers I say.

___ ___
___ ___

Y/n POV

"I finally get to go on a hunt!" I say excitedly.

Raeka chuckles and pat my head, "Yeah you do, now calm down, don't want to scare all the deer off before you get out there."

I nod as I push her hand off my head. She like to pat my head or ruffle my hair, it was annoying, but it's not like my hair is ever neat. Though that's not my fault and it's not like anyone else's hair is ever neat.