Chapter 13 Setting Out

Aela PoV

"Where's Y/n?" I hear Amoris ask and turn to see Amoris waking up.

"He left after a talk with Kodlak." I tell her and she frowns.

"Where did he go?" She ask and I shrug.

"Didn't say." I answer.

Taking a closer look at her. Her short black hair was a mess while her golden eyes still held held a look of drowsiness. A frown was on her face, she would have been prettier with a smile. She pushed herself out of my bed and grabed her axe that rested beside it.

"I need to find Y/n." She says heading to the door but I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You don't have a clue where he has gone." I tell her.

"I can ask Bula." She responds taking my hand off her shoulder and walking out the door.

__ __
__ __

No PoV

"Where did he go?" Amoris groans putting her hands on her face.

"Meh, he'll turn up." Bula shrugs taking a drink from her mug. "In other news, I take it we're gonna be on a way to Hrothgar at some point?"

Amoris pulls her hands down and nods. "Yes, I'm the dragonborn appearently."

"If we're gonna be fighting dragons I should buy more arrows." Bula says mostly to herself. "Probably some fire resistance potions too."

"We'll need money for both." Amoris says picking her mug up and downing it's contents.

"I have that covered." Y/n says sitting down at the table.

Amoris shoots up and glares at him. "Where were you?!"

Y/n puts his hand on her head and shoves her back down in her seat. "Inside voice, and I was selling dragon bones and scales. Also helping deal with the corpse."

Amoris and Bula take a closer look at Y/n and notice the bags under his eyes are darker than usual. Y/n then gestures to a large bag of gold hidden on his hip.

"You two can deal with the shopping for supplies." Y/n says.

"Oh, okay." Amoris says feeling a bit bad about yelling at him for no reason.

"Anything you need?" Bula ask.

"No." Y/n answers. "Just get it done within three hours. Then we can discuss how we get to Ivarstead."

"Ivarstead, we need to get to High Hrothgar though." Amoris says.

Y/n rolls his eyes, but before he could answer Bula speaks. "Ivarstead is at the base of the thousand steps to get to Hrothgar."

"Oh." Amoris says blushing out of embarassement.

Y/n gets up pulling out a medium sized bag of gold coins and hands it to Bula. "I'll trust you with the money."

"I'm responsible!" Amoris whines.

"Childlike too." Y/n responds. "I'm going to pass out in a room here."

Y/n then goes to rent a room at the Bannered Mare before heading upstairs to said room.

"He needs to work on a good sleep schedule." Bula comments.

"Yeah, he never seems well rested." Amoris adds. "Can I have the-"

"I'm holding onto the money." Bula cuts her off.

"Meanie." Amoris pouts crossing her arms causing Bula to roll her eyes.

__ __
__ __

Y/n PoV

Maybe I could ask a Vigilant of Stendar. Coldharbour seems familiar, I faintly remember some forsworn mentioning it, which means it's some sort of Deadric related thing.

Sighing I rub my eyes as the sounds of a door opening gains my attention.

"Didn't sleep well?" Hulda ask walking into the room.

"Decent sleep hasn't been a reoccuring visitor for a while now." I answer sitting up.

She sets a tray of food down on the bedside table before sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Maybe I could help~" Hulda says putting her hand on my thigh.

If I am being honest I am tempted to take her up on that offer. She wasn't bad looking, infact she looked young for her age, no wrinkles to speak of.

"Didn't know you offered that kind of service, especially when you tavern has customers." I say hearing the sounds of a bard singing and drunks talking down below.

"You're right." Hulda says retracting her hand. "I don't. Just seeing what kind of man you are. Though traveling with two beautiful females you would probably be good at controling your urges."

I chuckle at that. "That was learned before we started journeying together."

The memory of me stumbling upon a particularly endowed elven preistess bathing comes to mind. Celevena hadn't let me hear the end of it, nor Aurie or anyone else for that matter.

Though one thing kept between me and the preistess is that more than just looking happened. Let's just say the lesson of resisting the temptations of the flesh failed when she slipped on a wet stone and fell onto me.

That didn't stop her from teaching the lesson and just demanded I didn't release my seed into her... well I tried my best.

Reaching over to the tray and grab a piece of bread off of it and bite into it. Hulda gets up and leaves the room and I continue to eat the food.

Rubbing my eyes a sigh escapes my lips as I feel the bags under them. Beast blood doesn't let you get a good nights sleep, and it doesn't help I have trouble falling asleep.

Before I could think anymore everything fades to black as I pass out in the bed sitting up.

__ __
__ __

"Sleepy head~" I hear Amoris say as I feel someone poke my cheek.

"Do you have eveything you need?" I ask slowly opening my eyes.

"Yep, arrows, fire resistant potions, food for the journey, and camping supplies." Bula said.

Looking towards Bula I see that she has a new sheild on her left arm. It was a small one with two spikes on one end and  a sort of triangular end opposite the spiked one.

"New equipment too." Bula chuckled and I nodded.

"Kodlak sharpened my axe!" Amoris told me excited.

"Could he tell you missed your targets?" I asked her getting up.

Amoris pouts and hits my arm as Bula laughed. "He didn't!"

"So you do miss your targets?" I ask with a smirk.

Amoris glares at me realizing what I did then stomped off. "We need to get going!"

"Come on sleepless, let's get after her." Bula said following after her.

I sigh before walking after the two. Seems like they've decided which route we're taking to Ivarstead. Climbing four thousand steps, how thrilling.

__ __ __ __
__ __ __ __