Chapter 11 Dragon Rising

Y/n POV

So far Whiterun has been nice. I helped Carlotta with a pesky bard that kept pursuing her. Well more perscisely Bula threatened the man.

Ysolda had wanted a mammoth tusk. I didn't want to fight a giant so I declined. Bula had mentioned a poachers camp so we may eventually check that out.

Amoris ran an errand for Farengar, which was delivering frost salts to the alchemist. She also found out that he had wanted the dragon stone, which lead us to the current situation.

A dragon had appearently attacked a watch tower to the west. One of the guards had managed to escape and report of the situation to Irileth.

"So, Irileth tells me you came from the western watchtower?" The Jarl ask the guard.

"Uh... that's right. We saw it coming from the south. It was fast... faster than anything I've ever seen." The guard told Jarl Balgruuf.

"What did it do? Is it attacking the watchtower?" Jarl Balgruuf ask.

The guard shook his head. "No, my lord. It was just circling overhead when I left. I never ran so fast in my life... I thought it would come after me for sure."

"Good work, son. We'll take it from here. Head down to the barracks for some food and rest. You've earned it." The Jarl tells the guard before turning to Irileth. "Irileth, you'd better gather some guardsmen and get down there."

"I've already ordered my men to muster near the main gate." Irileth tells him.

Balgruuf nodded. "Good. Don't fail me."

The Jarl then turns to Amoris, Bula and I.  "There's no time to stand on ceremony, my friend. I need your help again. I want you to go with Irileth and help her fight this Dragon. You survived Helgen, so you have more experience with dragons then anyone else here."

Amoris nods. "We'll have a new dragon head for your wall."

"I should come along. I would very much like to see this dragon." Farengar says.

Balgruuf however shuts him down."No. I can't afford to risk both of you. I need you here working on ways to defend the city against these dragons."

"As you command." Fargengar responds.

"One last thing, Irileth. This isn't a death or glory mission. I need to know what we're dealing with." The Jarl tells Irileth.

Irileth nods and says. "Don't worry, my lord. I'm the very soul of caution."

We follow Irileth out of Dragonsreach and down to the gate where guards are waiting.

__ __
__ __

We got to the western watchtower at dusk and we found it destroyed and part of it burning. Mainly what I assumed was wooden parts.

"So there really is a dragon." Bula says.

"Here I thought I could be gathering bear pelts." I hear Amoris mutter.

I however was beside Irileth studying the destroyed watchtower.

"We should check for survivors, maybe they'll know where the dragon went." I say and Irileth nods.

"He's right. Search the area for any survivors!" Irileth orders the guards.

With that we all headed towards the ruined tower and looked around for survivors.

I approached the tower. I only saw dead guards. They would need a proper burial.

Hearing a voices I turn my head to see someone come out of the tower. I was too far to hear what he was saying, but something else took my attention, a roar.