Chapter 3 The Shout

Y/n POV

I looked at the Dragon Bridge, a sight that I got use to over the four years I have been here. Yeah I was ten now... four years of being a werewolf... four years since I killed my family.

Only Belada was left, and that was because she arrived later than she said she would be there.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder I look over it to see Seralie looking at me.

"Yes?" I ask her.

"You can go down there and play with the other kids." She told me and I shook my head.

"Not interested." I tell her and she sighs.

"Come on (Y/n)." She says, "How about we visit Markarth?"

"That dwarven city?" I ask and she nods.

"Well we gotta go anyways." She says and I look at her curiously.

"Why?" I ask her and from the corner of my eye I see Belada come over.

"The other forsworn have gathered there." Belada said, "They took it over and the rest of us have to go there and wait for the retaliation."

"Great." I mutter.

I wasn't that much of a people person, most likely due to only being around Belada and Seralie for the past four years.

"Let's get packing and then we can be on our way." Belada said and Seralie got up.

Eventually I got up too and went over to Belada's tent and she noticed me walk in.

"(Y/n) before we leave I have something for you." Belada told me pulling out something purple.

"A blanket?" I asked confused.

"No what's wrapped in it." Belada said handing it to me, "Though the blanket it yours too."

"What do you mean?" I asked taking the wrapped thing.

"Astrny found you wrapped in that blanket with that ring with you." Belada told me.

"So she's not actually my mother?" I ask looking up at her suprised.

"No." She answered. "She found you outside the Redoubt one night and kept you."

"I see." I say and unwrap the ring.

Laying my eyes upon it, I could only describe it as beautiful. Some metal blacker than ebony and a beautiful big ruby on it. It was thicker than any ring I have seen before.

Reaching for it, it seemed like Belada was going to stop me but didn't. Grabbing the ring it seemed cold as the feeling swept through my body, it felt nice actually.

Smiling I examined it more. The ornate gold design seemed to be outlining a tree of sorts etched into the black metal. The 'branches' wrapped around the ruby keeping it in place, and a skull was in the roots of the tree.

Though it was clearly too big I put it on my index finger, and to my suprise it shrunk to fit perfectly on it.

"Well would you look at that." Belada said staring at the ring. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Nothing." Belada responded. "Here this is yours."

She handed me a pack and I threw it over my shoulder. I walked outside and stood there waiting for the other two.

The golden rays of the sun bathed my body. I had started to like the sun over the past few years. The only times I went out at night would be during waning, new or waxing moons.