Chapter 8

It was Wednesday afternoon, and I received a call from work. "Hey, this is Chris, we are like, really short-staffed today, we need you to come in and work. Don't worry we'll have someone else do the night shift for you" Chris says. I nod as he hangs up. Welp, I guess I have to work today, I always wondered what the day shift would be like. I get in my car and head off. I put on my uniform, with the black McDonalds shirt and plaid skirt. I walk in and see busy how busy it is. Kids playing in the ball pits, Kids playing pin the tail on the donkey with Mayor McCheese, and Ham Burglar playing poker cards with kids at a back table. 

(A/n: What Elijah looks like

(A/n: What Elijah looks like. Art is not mine, all rights reserved)

Whole place had a different vibe, at night, it looks abandoned.  Mac Tonight was singing his heart out and Oakly oats was also singing. Grimace was running around cluelessly in the kitchen and Birdie was still in her parts room. "Thank goodness your here, its like a three-ring circus." Elijah states, as he walks out. I see this other girl working as well. I approach her, she seemed shy, but traumatized. I jump behind the counter and begin working. 

(A/n: Shy Girl/ Cindy looks like

(A/n: Shy Girl/ Cindy looks like. Art is not mine, all rights reserved to artist)

"Hi, welcome to McDonalds, how may I take your order?" I ask, over and over again throughout the day. I had to also cook the hamburgers, which sucked. There was this one guy, who was particularly rude. He stormed in. "Hey, none of you fuckers are at the drive through taking orders, I was waiting for 20 minutes out there" He rasps. "S-Sorry" The shy worker girl replied.

 "You should be. Now who is going to take my order in this hellhole?" The guy asks. I step forward.  "Hi, welcome to McDonalds, how may I take your order?" I ask. "Get me a big mac and don't screw it up" He orders. I nod and make the burger. "Here you go, sir" I say, giving him it, he nods, paying me, and turns the corner and sits down at a table where Mac Tonight is at. I can't see Mac Tonight or the guy as he is around the corner. "Damn it! This burger it burnt I want a refunuuu-AHHHH!" He screams, then silence. 

The shy girl and me jump the corner. We then see him laying in a pool of blood, his eyes wide open, it looks as if he fell on the table and split his skull. We call the police and we close the place. The police arrive and so does our Manager Chris. It was the first time I saw Chris in person.

 It was the first time I saw Chris in person

(A/n: What Chris the manager looks like. Art is not mine, all rights reserved to artist.) 

"It looks as if he hit his frontal lobe on the table as his skull is bashed inward. This is no Murder case, as there was no witnesses or no one near him when the accident took place. Give the place 3 days of closure to fully sanitize the place before re-opening." The police states, to Chris the Manager. Chris nods. "Go home for the day (Y/n), Cindy will cover your shift tonight" Chris says referring to the shy girl. So, the girls name was Cindy... Cindy looked scared, I would be too.

I go to walk out, but I look back at the crime scene. I then noticed that Mac Tonight's hand had red on it. Was that blood? No, some kid probably just spilled barbeque or ketchup sauce on him. I head home for the day. I laid in my bed, and tried to get some shut eye. I kept thinking about the dead body. It was just an accident though, but it was all so sudden. I lay in bed, but I here something. It sounded like male chuckling, laughter. The voice sounded so familiar, it was coming from outside. It was late, 1 am in the morning.

I peek out my window, and see a figure standing under the street light, I couldn't see the face of the figure, but it wasn't human. It was dressed in black, I squint my eyes looking closer. I then notice the head of the figure was in a crescent moon shape. Mac Tonight. I gasp, and close the curtains. 

(Art not mine, all rights reserved to artist)

My heart was beating, that was him, he was out there. I look out the window again, but he was gone. There is no way, I am going to get any sleep tonight...