Chapter Thirteen // A family breakfast

As predicted Aemond didn't take the news of his mothers death well. He attacked a handmaiden just hours after he heard the news. At the ceremony he almost killed a guard from anger. Daemon had told each of his children to stay away from the boy. Even though they were adults they still listened to Deamon. After all he was there father.

Everyone in the castle was wary of the boy. They didn't want to insight his rage and end up hurt like others already had.

Daemon had asked Harwin to keep a close watch on the boy. None of them wanted any of there family to get hurt. Especially those who couldn't defend themselves. Rowin was sticking to Aerys's side at all times. So was Cristion with Aelor. It would be quite messy if Aemond decided to take his anger out on any of them. No one wanted to deal with a dead prince. And there would be a dead prince is Aemond so much as though about hurting any of Daemons family.

-

Aerys woke up in the morning just like ever other. In the arms of his love. He buried himself further into Rowins chest. He could feel the rumble of Rowins laugh. It was the same as ever morning.

Rowin would run his hands through Aerys's hair. Holding him close and Aerys slept. It was peaceful and just what they two needed.

"Darling it is time to wake" Rowins deep voice broke the peaceful silence that hung through the room. Aerys let out a groan before pushing more into Rowin. "No" Was his only response. Slightly muffled by the Rowins chest.

"I'm sorry Darling but you have to get up. You have breakfast with the rest of the family remember" Rowin spoke softly to his love. He knew Aerys didn't like loud noises.

Family breakfast become a routine for them. After the children had got older and started to get married and look after themselves. Everyone started to make the effort to at least have breakfast as a family each morning.

Sometimes Rhaenyra, her children, Alicent and Viserys would join them. But it was mostly just the twins, there children, Harwin, Rowin, Jace and Luce. Ser Criston Cole too. He was the sworn sword of Aelor. Not that he needed one with his dragon Arax following him around constantly. No one wanted to mess with a dragon.

"Come on Darling sit up" Rowin told Aerys who was practically a puddle in Rowins arms. Aerys finally sat up playfully glaring at Rowin.

Rowin just laughed helping Aerys stand up grading there clothes and dressing himself. Once he was ready he turned to Aerys helping him change. Aerys could dress himself but he liked it when Rowin did it. He felt closer to him and it made him happy to feel cared for.

Once they were both ready Rowin took Aerys's hand dragging him to the room everyone was having breakfast in. They were allowed to freely show affection to each other in this wing of the castle becomes it was strictly for the twins and their children. No one was allowed in this area without permission for Daemon.

"You're late" Daenys said once they walked in. Everyone was already seated having food. Aerys was stood with his hand in Rowins his other ridding his eyes. His tunic was far to dig. Probably because it wasn't his tunic it was Rowins.

"Sorry Aerys didn't want to get up" Rowin told the room. Daenys didn't question it further. Just nodding and going back to eating. Daenys was a very traditional and proper person. She was the picture of a proper lady. She held herself highly and she held her family to that standard as well. She saw her family as higher than everyone else the Targaryen's were something higher than normal people. More pure and powerful. It was all true of course

"How was everyone's rest" Deamon spoke after a moment. There were a few grumbles of fine and ok before everyone spilt of into there own little conversations.