Chapter Sixteen // Sadness and Sorrow

Aelor, Daenys and Daemion left a week later travelling to dragon stone with there dragons, sworn swords and the promise to prepare everything for the rest of the family. They took Ser Criston Cole and Ser Luke Strong with them. They were one of there closest friends and the whole family trusted them.

When Aerea wakes up and the family move to dragon stone the would take Harwin Strong and his other children with them as well. Not only for protection but because they were family as well. One of Harwins sons was married to Aerion and his oldest Rowin was with Aerys.

-

Viserys sat with his brother watching there little sister. He could never forgive himself for what happened. It was his son who did this. His son had almost killed his sweet little sister. He let a small tear run down his cheek as he looked at her still form.

He tore his eyes away from Aerea and looked to his brother. He was dearly holding himself together. His skin was more pale than useal and his eyes hand dark bags under them. Daemon hadn't been getting enough sleep as it was but he let Aerys take the bed and he slept on the floor on a mat. His son was so broken he couldn't stand to leave his mother and Daemon knew this so he let his stay in the bed with her.

Viserys reached out to his brother placing a hand on his shoulder. "She is strong and she will come out of this" Viserys spoke in a calm and kind tone. He was always the sweet brother. Daemon was the angry and evil one well other then when he was with Aerea then he was practically a puppy.

"Before you know it she will be awake and you'll have a new born babe to look after" Viserys said with a little chuckle. He knew they were a little old to be having a little babe but they were healthy and strong. They new what they were doing and they had lots of children who already adored the little babe in there mothers belly.

Daemon looked up toward his brother and gave him a small smile. "Thank you brother" Deamon had never been close to there brother. He had always been so focused on Aerea that he had no time to bond with Viserys but he found comfort in his brother in that moment. Viserys gave Daemons shoulder one last squeeze before he left the room.

-

Daeron was in the training grounds sparing with Aerion and Jace. He needed to take his anger out on something. It was his job to protect his family and he failed. He had grown up looking after all his little sidling and there mother but he still failed them. He should have know that Aemond would do something. He should have killed him before any of this happened and now there mother was hurt and woundnt wake up. She didn't even know that she was with child.

Daeron swing his sword as hard as he could at Jace. However Jace quickly moved out of the way and brought his sword up to Daeron. They had been going at this for an hour now. Every once and a while Jace would swop out for Aerion.

"Brother you need to stop. You've been at this none stops for far to long. Rest" Aerion said as she placed her hand on her brothers shoulder. Daeron just grumbled some incoherent words and continued on. Aerion sighed she didn't want to do this but needs must. "If you don't calm down and rest you will become ill too. We don't need to worry about you to. And if you don't i will get Father to send you to Dragon stone with our other siblings" Aerion told her brother sternly. "You can't keep going on like this" Aerion spoke softly this time. Her voice braking a little.

"We're all struggling and you being all angry all the time isn't helping anyone. We need you ok so stop" Aerion pleaded to her brother who looked wide eyed at his sister. How could he be so selfish. He had been so angry and mad at himself that he hadn't been looking after his other siblings. He pulled Aerion into a hug. "I'm sorry" He whispered out. Aerion just hugged him harder.

-

Rhaenyra sat with Alicent the love of her life while they talked. Rhaenyra had a heavy heart as she thought of her aunt. The women was her mentor and one of her greatest supporters. She found herself missing the weekly chats they had as Aerea gave her valuable advice. She was the first person to know about Rhaenyra and Alicent's relationship and she never viewed her differently she was expecting and kind. She helped her through her feelings and made her feel excepted. She was struck with a beep sorrow for her aunt that was unwavering and menacing.

"My darling" Alicent spoke taking Rhaenyras hand in hers. "What your feeling is justified but you must remain strong. For the children and for yourself" Alicent said as she kissed her loves head. "I can not lose you ok. The Princess Aerea will a make it through and she will see you again. Do you understand" Alicent spoke firmly forcing Rhaenyra to look into her eyes. After a moment she spoke again. "Am I understood" Rhaenyra nodded. "Yes" Rhaenyra spoke in a breathy tone. She kissed Alicent as she spoke next. "Thank you"