The First Subclass (I)

Summary: Mahiru wakes up and he feels... different. The last thing he remembers is fighting... a pair of arms picking him up... and blood...

~○●○~

Mahiru was very confused upon awakening.

One, some kind of piercing ache was in the front of his mouth, and when he ran his finger across his lips, he could feel something solid lodged there, something he couldn't pull off.

Two, his throat was burning- not enough to cause him actual pain, but just enough that he was aware of it. He could feel the ache dulling even as the confusion passed through his head, but it was still perplexing.

Three, it felt like his body temperature had dropped a significant amount. It wasn't that he felt cold, it was just that he couldn't feel the body heat that should be trapped by the blankets.

Four, his chest felt funny, where his heart was- again, it wasn't necessarily painful, or even uncomfortable, it was just... different.

What was going on...?

"Ah, Angel-in-Training. You're a-"

Mahiru waved a hand, confused by Licht stopping dead in the doorway, eyes wide. "U- uh..." he prompted hesitantly. "Licht-san-"

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO ANGEL-IN-TRAINING?!"

... what?

"DIE!!"

"A- AH, LICHT-SAN-!"

Mahiru barely had the time to get Licht's name out before Licht launched himself at him, boots first.

Mahiru rolled off the bed, crouching on the ground.

"LICHT-SAN, IT'S ME MAHIRU!! DON'T YOU RECOGNIZE ME?!"

"HOW DARE YOU!! DIE, DEMON!!"

"HEH?! D- DEMON?!?!"

Doesn't Licht-san only use that for vampires?!

He didn't have much time to dwell on it, because he was forced to rolled once again off to the side as Licht's boot struck the cabinet where Mahiru's head had been.

"DAMN YOU!! STAY STILL, DEMON- IF YOU'VE HURT ANGEL-IN-TRAINING, I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD!!"

"STOP TRYING TO KICK ME, I'M YOUR FRIEND!!"

Licht paid no mind to Mahiru's alarmed shout. He just kept jumping around, using the walls and furniture as footholds, always trying to kick some part of Mahiru.

Unfortunately, Mahiru was still weakened from whatever had landed him in this state, and he was launched into one of the cabinets.

"OW!" Mahiru yelped. He was sure some of the splinters had actually hurt him... how did Hyde take this with such nonchalance?!

Ah right.

He was a servamp.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE TO ANGEL-IN-TRAINING?!"

"LICHT-SAN-"

"THAT'S TODOROKI TO YOU! DIE!!"

A chair appeared in the air above Licht, forcing him to dodge.

"TODORKI!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO SHIROTA?!"

Misono had arrived.

"A- ah! Misono!" Mahiru exclaimed in relief. "Thank god! What is-"

"DON'T TELL ME YOU CAN'T RECOGNIZE THE FAKE FROM THE REAL!!"

"What are you- OI! YOU!!"

Mahiru found himself sweating bullets as Misono's angry gaze turned to him. "Y- yeah?" he squeaked.