Surprise Party

Summary: Mahiru's been really busy lately... so the servamps and eves decide to give him a bit of a surprise on a really special day.

Happy birthday Mahiru~!

~○●○~

The quiet of the morning was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Huh? Coming!" Mahiru replied, comb still in hand. It was really early, couldn't be past 7, Mahiru was sure. He was nearly done getting ready for the day, about to wake his partner up and start cooking breakfast.

Whoever was on the other end though, was plenty awake, because Mahiru heard the arguing before he even opened the door.

"Are you sure this isn't too early?"

"I'm sure I'm sure~! Sloth Nii-san always says Mahiru wakes up at 6:30 and wakes him up at 7!"

"If it turns out we accidentally woke Angel-in-Training up I'll kick you to death. Damn shit rat."

"Licht-san? Lawless?"

Sure enough, the Greed pair were at the door. Hyde greeted, "Hi Mahiru~! You look awake already!"

"Yeah, I've been up for half an hour."

"See~!" Hyde crowed, grinning and nudging Licht. "I told you~!"

Licht simply huffed.

"Uh... what brings you 2 here at 7 am?"

"Oh! That! We-"

"You've talked enough for the day, shit rat," Licht snapped. "I'll explain."

"But-"

Licht's glare made Hyde shut up.

"See I've been invited to perform at an event, and the shit rat insists on tagging along as my plus one," the pianist explained. "But there isn't anything in my closet for a demon, so we gotta go get some ties and suits. We were hoping you'd come along and give your opinion on the clothing choices."

"Huh? Uh... Licht-san..." Mahiru protested. "I'm not sure if I can be helpful. I'm not really a fashion guy-"

"That's okay!" Hyde exclaimed, grabbing Mahiru's wrist. He was already dragging Mahiru out the door as he spoke, shutting the door behind the eve. "We just need a third opinion in case my darling angel disagrees with me~! You're willing to give an opinion so you're already way better than Sloth Nii-san! Let's go~!"

"HEH?! WAIT- LAWLESS!"

~○●○~

Amazing... Mahiru thought, rubbing his temples tiredly. It's noon and they haven't bought a single thing. It's been more than 5 hours! How?!

This was how. Every thing either Hyde or Licht picked up for themself, the other would start criticizing. Then they would start arguing, continuing even as Mahiru dragged them out of the store. After a couple of punches and kicks had been exchanged- maybe more than a couple- Mahiru would yell at them to stop and scold them for fighting in the first place ("YOU STARTED FIGHTING IN THE MIDDLE OF A CHINA SHOP!! YOU COULD'VE BROKEN EVERYTHING!!"). Add Hyde's indecision and Mahiru trying and failing to convince them he really needed to go back, he needed to check on Kuro and had a lot of stuff to do for the local summer festival, and each shop had taken them nearly an hour.

Really the only one who had gotten anything was Mahiru. Licht and Hyde had both seen a couple small trinkets they thought Mahiru might like and given them to Mahiru without him saying a word, even paying for them.