Greed and Sloth

Summary: a rewriting of the meeting between the sloth and greed pairs with the eves swapped- aka if Mahiru was Lawless's eve and Licht was Sleepy Ash's eve (Swapped Eves!AU)

Alternative names:
Lawless- Kugi, meaning "nail" for his hedgehog spikes
Sleepy Ash- Jet, like jet black

~○●○~

Kugi had thought this would be a break from the high profile life he was used to with how he usually chose his eves, but it turned out he'd chosen the most annoying and meddlesome person on the planet to be his current eve.

Now instead of ignoring Tsubaki and just dealing with subclasses when they came for him, Kugi was being forced to talk to his siblings and help fight the war by his newest eve Shirota Mahiru. Honestly he was debating on breaking the contract early, but... he couldn't be bothered. He didn't have anyone in mind to be his new eve and... this could be fun. May as well give this whole business a fair shot.

He could opt out by killing Mahiru whenever he wanted.

Kugi noticed a boy with black hair walking down the opposite street, a streak of white down the side. He wore a black hoodie, white pants, dark combat boots and a small white backpack with angel wings.

On his head was a black cat.

A very familiar black cat.

Kugi chuckled.

He just had an idea and it was gonna be hilarious.

"Hey... Mahiru..."

"What's up?"

"Can we go another way?"

"What?" Mahiru questioned turning to Kugi on his shoulder. "Why?"

"That guy..." Kugi mumbled pointing at the ravenet. "He scares me Mahiru let's run... to think he could capture my oldest brother..."

"HEH?!"

The ravenet turned.

"Not so loud Mahiru!!" Kugi yelped nuzzling into Mahiru's shoulder. "You'll get his attention!!"

"Kugi we gotta help!!"

"No we don't gotta-"

"Come on don't be a wimp- I'll protect you okay? We gotta help your brother!"

Without waiting for a reply Mahiru ran after the ravenet.

"...knew I shouldn't have told ya..." Kugi muttered hiding his smile in Mahiru's shoulder.

~○●○~

Meanwhile Licht had disappeared into an alleyway and stopped.

"Oi... Licht..."

"Oi Jet," Licht snapped turning to face the bluenet behind him. "When did I say you could transform? Bring Neko-san back demon."

"Ah...? I wouldn't have done it if you weren't so troublesome..." Jet muttered. "Why'd you stop? You know we're being followed..."

"Obviously. Keep Neko-san safe got it? I have a demon to exterminate."

"Oi oi Licht... can't we just run-"

"An angel doesn't run from demons now shut up. Put Neko-san in my bag. If he's hurt I'm gonna kick your ass."

"...such a pain..."

~○●○~

Kugi wasn't sure if he regretted this.

On one hand it was hilarious to hear Mahiru freaking out for no reason.