Chapter 5

It felt strange not to have Nieke squirming around his subspace, constantly trying to look outside.

It felt peaceful and yet he felt anxious at the fact she wasn't with him.

The halls were slightly more lively, vehicons actively chatting and greeting him as he passed by.

A part of him felt selfish for choosing to take Nieke with him, for taking her in a world where he and others were probably not going to survive.

'How could something so innocent choose him as her carrier?'

No.

He should stop acting like that.

Things were going to be different now.

Nieke was going to live a happy life with a carrier who loved her more than anything.

She deserves to have a carrier who loves and cherish her, not some dead beat tyrant.

Before he noticed, Megatron stood in front of the medbay doors. Muffled voices could be heard from the other side.

The heavy doors slide open, interrupting the conversation between the medic and his patient.

"-And that includes heavy lifting... Oh! Lord Megatron." The cherry red medic said as turned around. His patient taking his prescribed pain killers before heading out.

Megatron took out the pill bottles from his subspace. "Could you remind me of their effects again?"

Knockout blinked, he hadn't seen his leader asked for mediction in a while, especially prescribed ones. Sharp fingers took the bottles, scanning the name of it before grabbing a datapad and pulling out a list of its use and side effects.

"From what I can see, this medication is usually used for patients diagnosed with depression." Knockout then went to explain exactly the symptoms and side effects, which Megatron didn't listen to.

"According to your medical record you were also diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and..." Megatron lost focus on what Knockout was saying. Was it really important to name everything?

The medic kept talking, his optics looked less brighter than before and some spots of his paint looked less clean than usual. A faint smell of high grade lingered near the red bot.

Megatron decided to not bring it up. He'd rather not remind Knockout of the passing of his partner.

At one point he stopped talking and seemed to look at Megatron for a sign of comprehension or anything to make it look like he didn't speak to a brick wall.

"I need documents on sparklings." Knockout tilted his head confused. "Why?"

"Because I have one." Megatron watched as Knockout processed what he'd said, his face changing from confusion to a mix of panic and excitement.

"WHAT?! HOW?! WHEN?!" He'd already put down the datapad before fumbling to grab a scanner. The medic began pushing Megatron near an empty berth and scanning his body all the while trying to feel his midsection.

"How could you not tell me you had one? I'm your physician for Primus sake!" The scanner beeped, revealing nothing physically wrong other than some wounds he got from the glass in his room.

"Knockout.."

"We'll have to up your energon ration, I mean you're with a child!" The medic didn't seem to register him speaking as he began filling up some documents.

"Knockout-"

"Not only that! But I'll have to make sure-We'll have to make sure everything's alr-"

"Knockout!" Megatron shouted, finally catching the cherry doctor's attention. "I'm not sparked! I adopted a sparkling I found inside an escape pod."

The medic clamed down. "I see." He seemed to relax at not having to prepare the future birth of a sparkling.

"Where is it now?" He asked as he began sending some files about sparkling care to Megatron. "Human childcare book could also be useful."

"She's with Soundwave-" Knockout slammed a servo on the berth. "YOU LEFT YOUR CHILD WITH SOUNDWAVE?!"

He then began ranting about how he shouldn't leave a child unattended without proper sparkling proofing it's living space and not checking in with Soundwave.

It was interesting to see the medic go from professionalism to reprimanding him.

"You should receive the sparkling care files soon, like I mentioned, human child care could be useful." Megatron nodded at that. 'Humans better have something good.'

"Anything else?" Megatron was about to respond 'no' and leave before remembering the bite mark on his breast.

'Did Knockout knew about those modifications?'

The confused shout was good enough of an answer.

Megatron came back to his room after getting his breast patched up along with some gel to applie and some saline lotion.

He could hear Nieke giggle through the door.

He entered inside, placing the items on his desk before joining Soundwave and his daughter. She stopped paying attention to Laserbeak who she was previously playing with to let out a serie of happy chirps.

Soundwave silently greeted him as he sat down on his berth. The sparkling crawled to him as she kept chirping and beeping happily.

'He wondered if she'll eventually manage to figure out how to speak.'

"Thank you for taking care of her." Soundwave displayed a smiley face on his visor.

The two of them ended up laying down, Nieke in between them and Laserbeak back on Soundwave's chest.

A calm silence settled between them.

It felt right.