Chapter 6

Time went by and Soundwave felt himself getting closer to Megatron. Physically and emotionally.

Was he allowed to feel these...'things'? The feeling of warmth in his spark everytime his servos brushed against Megatron's, the joy in the child's optics everytime he walked inside a room.

A part of him wishes he could develop a closer bond with them, but as of now, he was only Nieke's 'nanny'.

Or something along those lines.

Recently, Nieke had began chirping from her (newly added) crib inside Megatron's quarters and started showing almost the same excitement when her carrier was near.

'Interesting. Was she getting used to his presence?'

Soundwave watched as she reached to grab one of his fingers to try and climb onto his arm.

He ended up scooping her near his chest, he'd rather not have her fall. The sparkling continued chirping and squeaking at him.

Tiny servos grabbed onto some parts of his armor, pulling on it curiously. Followed by more chirping.

Soundwave didn't know why at that moment, Nieke reminded him of Ravage. Maybe it was due to their shared curiosity about him, or the fact they both tried to chew and bite his fingers.

'How strange.'

"Is this lord Megatron's sparkling?"
"I thought it was a rumor."
"Aww she's so small."
"Hi honey..."

Whispers and cooes of the sort were heard while Soundwave worked.

He decided to strap Nieke onto his back with his data-cables. This, caused some vehicons to 'baby talk' to the sparkling.

'An interesting change of behavior.'

They'd usually be too afraid to interact or get close to him.

After a while, the silent mech began forgetting he had sparkling on his back. Until he heard tiny snores and a strange sensation near his spark.

His typing stop as he raised a servo to his chest. It felt familiar and foreign at the same time.

Laserbeak seemed to feel it too.

The feeling of a small tendril of energy reaching to his spark. Soundwave could feel his own spark responding to the foreign other energy.

Well... not so foreign.

It was easy for him to know who's energy this was.

'Nieke.'

The sparkling saw him as a sire. No, she chose him as her sire.

Soundwave waited before deciding, 'Was he really ready to be a sire?'

And after a moment, he reached back to the small tendril.

Happy chirps could be heard through the hallways as the slender mech carried the sparkling on his back.

She would occasionally grab onto his helm and pull on certain parts of it. Soundwave had discovered pretty early on that Nieke enjoyed climbing things.

For some reason, he thought of someone long departed...

A pulse of joy through the bond brought him out of his thoughts.

'Ah yes.... He was now her sire.'

He then stopped dead in his tracks.

'How would Megatron react to this?'

Soundwave could see Megatron's door getting closer. Nieke, obviously registering this as her "home" chirped and pointed excitedly.

He'd be lying if after all these years, being with Megatron didn't feel, in a way, like home.

As his servo touched the door, a tugging sensation could be felt in his spark. As if something was trying to reach him through some sort of veil or fog.

'Had it always been there?'

The metaphorical fog seemed so slowly fade away, the veil still remaining, only thinning as Soundwave could hear Megatron shuffle closer to the door.

Nieke squealed as the door opened, pulses of emotions could be felt through the bond.

Soundwave watched as Megatron gently grabbed the sparkling from his back. His eyes seemed to glow as he brought her near him, like a hug.

He watched as the smile slowly faded from Megatron's face, turning into confusion. 'Was there something wrong with Nieke?'

Taking a closer look at her and it was to his horror that he finally took notice of certain changes. She had began taking certain aspects of his frame...

Most notably, his colors.

"Soundwave... Would you kindly explain to me why my daughter is blue?!" Megatron said, his voice raised as he grit his teeth.

A/N : This took an embarrassingly long time to write, had to re-write it twice lol. I've been busy with my new job and college (re) starting soon. ( ; < ; )