Chapter 7

Soundwave had been told to wait inside the entrance of Megatron's room while he put Nieke to bed. The tugging sensation was still present, much to his annoyance.

'This was going to be an...interesting conversation.'

Megatron returned, closing the door behind him. The navy spy could see his leader's servo tremble.

"Soundwave...what did you do?" His voice was low.

Megatron slowly walked towards him before slamming his hands on the wall behind Soundwave, trapping him close to him. "What did you do?!"

His own hands raised to rest on Megatron's own before he spoke. :: She picked me ; As her ; Sire ::

He could hear the warlord's claws scrape against the wall behind him. "Why would you even accept..?"

:: Because I like ; Nieke ; Reminds me of ; Them :: Megatron's arms had fallen back to his sides at the mention of Soundwave's minicons.

"Let me help you, raise her" Thin servos signed to the silver mech.

A silence fell between them, he was worried about Megatron's silence.

Gently, he reach for one of his large clawed servos and stroked the scars on it.

"Even with me as her carrier? You want to stay even though she'll never be able to have a normal life because of me?"

:: Yes :: A part of him hated how fast his response was. And yet...

"Even if I'll end up ruining everything..?" The voice was quieter this time, Megatron wasn't usually this quiet.

Soundwave finally seemed to notice how the hand he was holding was now trembling and how tears were slowly building up inside crimson eyes.

'How could he make him calm down?'

Soundwave wrapped his arms around Megatron's waist, pulling him close. He was warm, and soft.

'Had Megatron always been this warm? And soft?'

"W-What are you doing?" He could feel Megatron looking down to his head who rested on his large chest.

:: Hugging you ; Let me stay ; by your sides ::

For a moment, it felt like it was only the two of them and their sleeping daughter in the world.

Their moment was interrupted by Nieke whining through their bonds, having woken up and not seeing any of her parents nearby.

Soundwave let go of Megatron, a bit of disappointment from Laserbeak at the loss of warmth.

A light blush dusted Megaton's cheeks as he turned around. "Baby's crying...."

The door opened and both were met with the cries of a sparkling. Megatron walked over to the crib, bending to pick up their daughter. Soundwave could hear him coo and babytalk as he brought her closer to him.

Soundwave couldn't quite explain it but there was something...beautiful to Megatron. Maybe it was the way his silhouette looked with the sunlight bleeding through the windows. He couldn't quite explain why the way Megatron looked in this moment, holding the child in his arms as she calmed down at the presence of her carrier.

"I need to feed Nieke, could you go get my rations?" The question pulled him out of his observation, he nodded, embarrassed.

The door closed behind him as he left. 'Had he always found Megatron this beautiful or was it because of the way he showed another side of himself to the small life he'd adopted?'

Soundwave internally sighed as he left.

A/N : I am SO sorry this took ages to write omg- I'm busy with life (college and work) along some writers block kicking my ass (oof). Please take this small chapter as an apology ;;;; Next chapter is probably going to be some art of Nieke tho I'm a bit scared it I'll "spoil" certain things or disappoint people since she doesn't look like the way they imagine her- Anyway let me know if you'll be interested while I try to work on the next chapter