Chapter 11 - Yes. He Was Serious.

And we are back. I'm no longer dying slightly when I wake up so I can think clearly... ish.

Now. Imma get started.

____________________________________________

".... Zane...."

Hana looked him dead in the eyes. She wasn't sure if he was joking or not.

"Are you, serious?"

He nodded.

"Ok. So to sum it up. Issei, a pervert of the school, was attacked by his fake girlfriend who then killed you. You went to Hell, actual hell, and did a bunch of puzzles where at the end of said puzzles was a Demon Girl. And now, you are in a relationship with Lucifer and a number of other girls from Hell." She summed it all up.

"Yeah, that's basically it in a nutshell." Taker said with a nod.

".... You are the weirdest friend I have ever had." She said with a small smile.

Taker was currently sitting on the ground as she sat on her bed.

She was having a hard time believing all of that to be honest.

"I mean. If you came back from the dead, doesn't that make you a zombie?" She asked.

He raised a finger to argue her point.

"A-" He stopped himself when he thought about it. ".... No no, you got a point actually."

He stands up.

"I promise everything I'm saying is true. I can take you to meet them some day. They can be a bit.... Odd, when they want to be, but they're great. You really just have to be careful of Pandemonica, sometimes Zdrada... Maybe Cerberus, but that's really it." He said as he thought about the girls. "I better get going anyway. I don't want to be home too late. Rias can deal with the rest of the stuff. Not like I owe her anyway."

He then remembered the payment.

"Oh, right. I forgot. I need to bring back something for the pact. You know. Payment." He said.

This sent red flags to Hana.

"You... Don't want my soul, do you?" She asked.

He shook his head frantically.

"Absolutely not! That's Lucy's deal. She typically does the soul exchange, but only after death and all that. Just something of decent value or somethin. That's all." He reassured her.

"Oh... Well, I don't know what I have to give you.... Oh! Wait!"

Hana moved to the bedside table and took something from a drawer.
She then held it up to him.

It was some sort of Necklace thing. It was entirely silver. Just a simple chain with a circular thing hanging from it that looked like it could open.

He held his hand out and she placed it in his hand.

"Uh... Hana, I don't want to take anything expensive or important. Tell me this isn't either of those." He said, hoping this wasn't something irreplaceable.

"Well. It is pretty valuable. Not talking about money though." She reached into the drawer and pulled out another similar necklace. "This is something I always kept with me. Something I promised to give to my best friend. So, here. Take care of it. That way, we'll be friends forever!"

Taker was taken by surprise here. He wasn't expecting to receive something so sentimental.
He... Never really had a genuine friend like her.

Aika was more of an acquaintance he got along with and there were others he knew, but he didn't have a genuine friend. A genuine human friend, untouched by magic or some sacred gear that'll turn her life upside down.
She's just Hana.