Chapter 22 - The Golden Infinity Dragon

Let's just get started.

I really wanna finish this because even I'm hyped for it.

Well, not that excited, but I'm looking forward to finishing this.

____________________________________________

Taker's hearing went funny after Lucy essentially drew her last breath.

He just stared down at her in his arms.
Her lifeless body lying in his arms.

"..."

He said nothing. Unable to even think of what to say.
What could he say? The love of his life is gone.

He lost the most important thing to him. Again.
And this time, he could have done something about it.

And he still failed. She still died.

Lucifer. The Queen and CEO of Hell. His Lucy... was dead.

'Because of him.... All because he wanted power.... He had to take her life just for that?'

He looked up when he heard something land in front of him. Rather it was someone.
Baphomet.
She froze, seeing Lucy's body. She looked up at him to see the eyes devoid of emotions for the moment.

Amber ran to protect them.

"Get away! You've done enough damage already!" She shouted, her voice cracking a lot from crying.

"And I intend to make it worse. How about I begin with you?" He said, looking down at Krampus who was hiding behind Amber's legs.

Baphomet panicked hearing that.

"No! Not her! You can kill me or worse, but don't hurt her!"

Taker didn't move much, but glanced over a little at Beelzebub. The great disappointment.
Not his Beel. She wasn't evil, anymore.
He now held the fully formed Demon Sword and he had changed a decent bit. He generally looked a lot more demonic.

"Why?"

"Hmm?" He stopped and faced Taker who was still holding Lucy.

"Why go through all this? For power? Was that it? Was power so important to you that you have to take from everyone else just to get it?"

"Such a shortsighted view." He paced around. "I intend to rule the Underworld as I should. As I deserve. These devil king nobodies are worthless compared to me! I should be the one in charge, yet they seal me away!"

At that point, Taker didn't pay attention to him.

He was instead talking to the dragons in his head.

"... Ophis."

"Partner?"

"I, am here."

"... How much of your power can I handle with Zold's dampening effect without tearing my mind apart?"

"With your current level she can give about just under half her power to you without any issues. Any more would tear your whole body apart, never mind your head."

"... Do it. Now."

He placed Lucy down and looked up at Baphomet.

"Baph... Get her out of here... Now."

He stood up and walked past Amber and Krampus.

"Go with them and don't come back until it's safe." He looked down at Amber and she backed up, seeing the cold stare of her father. "This isn't optional."