Chapter 19 - Just As The Founding Fathers Intended

This one will be interesting.

Now, let's get started.

____________________________________________

People typically spend their mornings differently.

Some drink coffee, some don't eat for some reason. Some even think they're too good for cereal now. Cowards.

And in John Wick's case, he starts his morning with a healthy daily intake of murder.

Now, why do I bring this up?
Simple really. It's because I want to ease you into this bit of information delicately, when I tell you to not be too surprised that Taker's morning was spent moving a cannon up the stairs in his home.

Not alone. Vali is helping.

They stopped for a break.

"How is it... That we can probably lift a mountain... And we can't carry this thing.... Up the stairs?" He asked, out of breathe.

"No.... Idea." Vali answered, also tired. "What's this for anyway?"

"Simple really. I'm preparing the ideal home defence method."

"And a cannon is the answer to that?"

"Yep. Now shut up and lift."

"Oh for fuck sake. Why didn't you just kill me?"

"Your mom, that's why."

"Shut up."

They both continued on with the cannon, eventually getting it into his room and setting it down on the other end of the room.
Perfect.

"Perfect." Taker said. "Now, I can defend my home. Just like the founding fathers intended."

"You know you can break a normal person's neck, right?"

"Yes, and tell me Vali, what the fuck should I do if it isn't a normal person? Easy. I'll use the cannon."

"Why?"

"Because, if you broke into a man's home, would you expect to be plowed by a cannon?"

".... Fair point." Vali turned to leave. "I'm gonna go piss off Issei."

"Have fun."

Vali left and Taker sat on his bed. He just let out a sigh. Thinking about yesterday.

It's been a week since the whole pool thing. Yesterday, he talked with Hana and Broji. About the immortality thing that Lucy offered up.
.
.
.
-Flashback. Whis, do the thing-

Taker sat on the floor in Hana's room. Both her and Broji were there too. Well, Hana would obviously be here, she lives here.

Anyway, they were talking about something. It might have been about her and Broji's date yesterday. He's not sure, he wasn't really paying attention.

"Hey. Zane, dude. You good?" Broji asked.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. I'm all good. Nothin to worry about."

"You sure. You've been spacing out man."

"Yeah, I noticed that." Hana added.

"... Nothing gets past you guys, does it."

"Nope."

Hana hopped off her bed onto the ground and scooted closer to him. She tapped his leg as he began spacing again.

"Hey. Are you gonna tell us what's wrong? Because we're not gonna stop pes-"

"Lucy offered me immortality."
.
.
.
Yeah. Talk about an ice evaporator.

They both stared at him, waiting for him to suddenly say "gotcha" or something.
Nope. He just sat there.
He looked seriously bothered.