Chapter 16 - More Problems

And I'm back again.

Hopefully immediately, depending on when this is uploaded.

Anyway, forget about that. Let's get started.

____________________________________________

Lucy sat in the kitchen, leaning on the counter and looking at the two others in the room.
Judgement, the High Prosecutor and Taker, her... Well, if she's honest, she's never imagined herself with a boyfriend. The term doesn't sound suitable to her.

'We aren't married, so I can't say he's my husband... We don't really do weddings... Might make an exception to that sooner or later. We will all need it in the future... I'll think of it later.'

Lucy ignored that for now and looked between the two.
They had asked to talk with her alone and now here they were.

"So if I'm understanding this, you both wish for me... Train you two?" She asked after hearing Taker explain the whole thing.

"That's what we're asking, yes."

"Hmm... And what brought this about?"

"Well, thinking about my fight with Vali, I need to improve a lot faster if I want to put a stop to threats like that. Especially if things are only going to get more difficult." He said. "I want to be able to protect all of you no matter what."

"Hmm. If I didn't know any better..." Lucy smirked. "I'd say you were trying to sweet talk me into saying yes. Which I will admit, is working." Lucy then looked at Judgement. "What of you, High Prosecutor? Why do you also wish to take part in my training?"

"I'm not letting him get ahead of me! If he thinks he can surpass me that easily, he's gotta be crazy!"

Lucy seemed to take that answer, but-

"Hey, Judge!"

They looked at the door of the kitchen and saw Malina.

"What?" Judgement asked, confused.

"Cerberus brought in a cat."

"Again?"

"Koneko. That cat."

"Oh.... Lucifer damnit!"

Judgement got up and left the room to help.

Lucy looked at Taker and sat down where Judgement was sitting.

"Now then. The truth?"

Taker leaned back in his seat.

"Yesterday after the whole deal with Vali and when I went to find her, she was down in Hell training. She.... Believed that her attachment to me was making her weak, and wanted to leave us."

"... I see... How unbelievably dumb." Lucy leaned on the table. "Look, I mean no offense to her, but out of all the Demons that have been in her position, well... I wouldn't say she's the weakest, but she's around there... Thankfully, her training with you has improved her quite significantly."

"So... She just-"

"Yes. All she needs is to improve herself and she should be fine. Again, I'm not saying she's weak, far from it. But she definitely needs improvement. Not that it's her fault, can't get any more powerful by just punishing souls." Lucy then stood up. "Alright. You've convinced me. Starting tomorrow, I'll train you both. And don't worry, I'm not as powerful as you may think."

Taker was confused, but was relieved more than anything.

"I'm far worse than anything you could imagine." She finished.