New in town

Klaus x Reader

Requested by @haven-raven012591​

Halloween event

You'd been avoiding Klaus. You'd heard about him. Who hadn't? He'd caught glimpses of you around and you made sure that was as close as he got. You didn't need a Mikaelson sniffing around.

That plan completely fell apart when you received a leaflet through your door. It was advertising an art exhibit celebrating October. You decided that it would be nice to go and seeing as Cami had cancelled your plans you had nothing else to do.

The art was interesting. Each section had several pieces from each different artist throughout New Orleans. There were more exhibits further in the city. Markers had been put up for those who wanted to take the tour. While the idea intrigued you, you hadn't been in town long enough to know your way around.

"Heard you're new in town. Want someone to show you around?" When you turned to see who had spoken you saw Klaus.

"I'm not done here." You said as you took him in. Klaus had never been this close to you before. You could see the different shades of colour in his eyes, soft in the gentle lighting.

"Well. I know a few of the artists. I could fill you in if you like." He smiled at you as you glanced around and leaned in. "Don't worry. We're in a crowded room. I won't bite."

"I didn't think you would." You tried your best not to sound as if you were lying. He looked at you as if he knew you'd lied but continued to offer his arm and tour you around the exhibit again. Admittedly his commentary on the art added to your enjoyment but against better judgement you let him guide you through the city and along the walking art tour. The evening ended with the two of you drinking and eating snacks in the Quarter while you watched a parade. You knew it was a performance by the witches in the Quarter, you recognised Davina among them. You got the sense that Klaus was trying to gauge whether or not you knew any of the witches so you kept your expression blank and focused on your drink.