Prologue

We...

We weren't able to reach Class A.

We weren't able to defeat Ayanokouji.

At first I didn't believe what my ears had heard but at the end of our 2nd year he just abruptly transferred to Ichinose's class, the D-class back then.

Chabashira-sensei just announced the sudden transfer of Ayanokouji.

The class couldn't believe it because we already reached Class A. Everyone just stared at Sensei with their eyes wide open.

I ignored everything else and stormed into Class D. To Ayanokouji.

"AYANOKOUJI!"

Everyone at Ichinose's class looked at me with fear and guilt while Hoshinomiya-sensei looked so smug.

"What's up Sudou?"

"DON'T GO CASUAL ON ME, WHY'D U TRANSFER? EVEN THOUGH WE ALREADY REACHED CLASS A?"

"Because I declared my love for Ichinose."

I couldn't believe my ears once more and chose to ignore reality

"Ayanokouji... this is all an elaborate prank right? I mean we're all friends right?"

"Does being in different classes make us not friends?"

I couldn't answered him. Since he's always been this vague I can never know what he was thinking.

I stormed off back to our Classroom and Suzune had looked at me with... such sorrowful eyes I've never seen before.

The whole class was still confused but deep inside my mind I feel like I already knew the answer.

Ever since Ayanokouji decided to expel Sakura he barely had any connections in our class aside from Karuizawa. Even Suzune and Hirata had barely talked to Ayanokouji.

When I looked over towards Karuizawa she just sat there lifeless.

Looks like she didn't understand what was happening too.

---

I confronted the whole class to talk towards Ayanokouji. Only Hirata, Suzune, Karuizawa and surprisingly the silent Kushida.

We went towards his room and surprisingly he let us in without a word.

"Ki..kiyotaka?" Kei was the one who broke the silence.

"What's up Karuizawa?"

"Wh-why did you leave us... why did you leave me?"

We all looked at Ayanokouji with anticipation.

"Because I love Ichinose."

This guy...

I rushed towards Ayanokouji pinning him to the wall with my hands in his neck.

"YOU. AYANOKOUJI! STOP THE CRAP WE'RE ALL BEING SERIOUS HERE"

"You don't think I was serious?"

"Su-sudou-kun stop!"

I couldn't believe my ears once more... such a strained hurt voice coming from Suzune.

"Bu-but Suzune thi-"

"Please just stop"

I let go of Ayanokouji.

"So what's your business here?"

Hirata spoke up

"We wanted to know why you left our class...."

"Oh that's all? It's simply because I'm no longer interested in any of you."

We looked at him with disbelief.

"A.. AYANOKOUJI!!"

I rushed towards him with my right fist but he countered it quite easily causing me to lose more composure.

He clenched on to my fist and I groaned in pain.

"Su-sudou-kun"

"KIYOTAKA!"

Suzune and Hirata stood up in surprise.

"Sigh, You're all so noisy. I thought all of you had something important to say but it was nothing but gibberish. Leave. Now."

We all had left not because of his harsh cold words but for the first time in our lives we have seen Ayanokouji with an expression that we never thought we would ever see.

Sadness

---

It was now graduation and we got demoted to Class C. The points between Classes B - D were only but a few points in between but Ayanokouji's class stood above all of the 3 classes with a terrifiying lead of 1000 class points.

All three classes decided to work against him but to no avail lost nonetheless.

All of the exams we had were all close matches with Koenji surpisingly leading the alliance.

It were all indeed close matches but Ayanokouji always stepped up his game in the end still winning the points necessary to beat all of us.

It should be Ayanokouji's class who should be celebrating with the priviliges of being Class A but not a single one cheered even if not a single one of them were expelled.

We noticed Ayanokouji not present so Suzune suddenly stood up so Hirata, Karuizawa and I followed after her.

We caught up to her and there... we saw Ayanokouji with his back facing towards us.

We found him in the rooftop.

"A-Ayanokouji-kun!" Horikita broke the silence.

Ayanokouji turned to face us but this time he had this aura of having given up on life. He looked so lifeless.

"..."

"A-ayanokouji what are you planning on doing?"

"KIYOTAKA PLEASE DON'T YOU.. YOU MAY HAVE BETRAYED US BUT YOU'RE STILL MY RELIABLE FRIEND" Hirata shouted this time with Horror evidently in his face.

Karuizawa just looked at scene with teary eyes not knowing what she should do.

I didn't know what to do either.

I decided to speak up, maybe just maybe words could work.

"Ayanokouji! There's more to life! I don-

I was cut off as Ayanokouji placed his index finger on his lip indicating that he wanted silence and suddenly...

I ran towards him but I couldn't stop him from falling.

That day. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka had died.

---

I woke up from my nasty dream of the past. But something was weird.

I was supposed to be practicing for my incoming basketball competitions but when I came to be... I was in a familiar scene at the Library... facing me was the younger Suzune, Ayanokouji and Kushida with Ike... and Yamauchi? To my side.

"What the hell"

---

906 words

I wanted to try making a story from Subro's perspective. This is his redemption story glory to Subro.