Chapter 6 - Island Exam I

Sudou's Pov

Under the beautiful sunny skies, right now I'm enjoying such a view in a cruise ship's deck.

"ITS THE SEAAAAAAAA"

"OI KANJI LET'S RE-ENACT THE TITANIC SCENE"

While my good friends were being stupid as usual I don't really mind.

Then the girls suddenly came out of their cabins singing praises for this extravagant vacation the school gave us... oh how much I pity them.

Then Kushida came towards me and asked...

"Hmm? Now that I look around where do you think Horikita-san is Sudou-kun?"

"She probably doesn't like the crowds too much, leave her be for now ok?"

I've got to remember that this is the old Horikita. She's not much of a social butterfly so she probably stayed in her room to avoid the crowd. Looking at how she acts she detests noise.

"Sudou-kun, you're saying as if I'm bothering Horikita-san!"

Hearing the commotion behind them, Kanji and Haruki decided to join in our conversation.

"Oi oi Sudou, what are you doing to Kushida-chan?" It was Haruki who said that while Kanji was just looking at Kushida as if observing her.

"Don't read into it too much Kushida, you're just overthinking things"

"Bu-but Sudou-kun you didn't have to word it like that... it's like youre trying to antagonizing me.."

"Kushida. I told you not to think into it too much."

I accidentally patted her head as if I was some elder oops...

"O-oi, Sudou don't tell me you're in a relationship with her???"

"No, it was nothing like that. I.. uh it was just a habit since I used to treat someone like that like a little sister so don't mind it too much ok Kushida my bad"

Kushida looked down for a moment then...

"If you say so Sudou-kun... I'll take my leave now maybe you're right I'm just overthinking things" She said with quite the bright smile.

"..."

I nodded to her in response and she left.

*ring*

"Attention students. Please assemble on the deck. You will be be to see the island soon. This is a good time to take in some rather significant scenery."

If there's one thing I noticed... the cruise ship's speed had gotten faster but no one seemed to mind... so this was one of their hints back then...

Then...

"Hey, you're in the way. Move it, you defects."

It was addressed to me.

"Defects?"

"What got a problem with that label? That's just how the school structured us."

It was a green-haired boy from Class A... what was his name again?

"This is troublesome. To show such discrimination believing everything the school told us.... wouldn't that make you guys the defect instead of us?"

"Haah, you think we're going to buy that? It doesn't matter because our Class Points had evidently placed our Absolute rule in this year."

"Then watch your back if you don't want to fall down to our level"

I said as I cracked my knuckles and intimidated them with my height.