Chapter 4 - Stranded in thought

The exam results were given....

If I can recall correctly.... didn't we get a copy of the midterm exam before?

It was given by Kushida... wonder what caused this change? She gave us the papers right before the examination date.

There's no way I'll forget since I almost got expelled back then.

I felt someone tapping my back and... it was Suzune.

"It seems you're more capable than I thought"

"What do you mean Horikita...-san?"

"Of course, he is our Subro! This fucker actually studies in his free time! Who are you and what did you do to our Stupid Sudou!" Ike dramatically said as if he lost something.

"Don't tell me you actually cheate-"
Yamauchi got a sucker punch from Ike

This caused a commotion within the class.

"Sudou-kun, if you haven't checked. Your scores average around 82. I believe that's an impressive feat considering your situation last month. It's as if you were holding back then... normally someone of that level woudln't have actually caught up with the class lessons but you did just the opposite, I guess I'll have to reevaluate you."

"Well... just like Ike said ya know. I studied too much."

Still sharp as ever Suzune.

I glanced over Ayanokouji. He seems to be talking with Sakura again... wonder what's up? Can't exactly tail them I'm hardly the person who can mask up my presence.

I guess it's time for my club.
---
After the club session....

"Um, Sudou-kun can I have a moment of your time?"

Kushida huh.

"What's up?"

"Are you and Horikita-san perhaps... dating?"

Wha...

"Where did you even get the idea!?"

Kushida flinched

"Ah, sorry Kushida, but well I mean that Horikita wouldn't stoop so low to date with me ya know."

"E-eh? Sudou-kun don't belittle yourself so much! We've seen you change you know... and I just thought that because Horikita-san has been looking at you more than before.."

Haah, I do sure hope that would be the case.

"She's probably just curious of how I pulled it off. The midterms."

"There's probably more than that Sudou-kun..."

"Also Sudou-kun.. you're close with Horikita-san right?"

"Ehm... somewhat I guess?"

"Would you... be kind enough to help me befriend her?"

Huh? This is weird didn't she hated Horikita?

"Sudou-kun?"

"Mhm, Ill pass. Sorry about that Kushida, Su- Horikita is really hard to make friends with please understand."

Kushida looked dejected.

"But at least you Sudou-kun would you mind us being closer friends at least?"

"Uh, Kushida I don't think I'm fit for that but we can still just be friends. I'm pretty busy with my club and studies right now. I need to do better."

Realizing that I still don't know much of her I shrugged the offer and left her as she looked down.

---

Class C, specifically Komiya and Kondo had been showing me hostility but I just ignored them all.. they're just high school students no need to get angry.

I became the ace of the basketball club but well that's not really something I would call an achievement since I was already a professional.

Instead I feel quite bad competing with high school students. Maybe I should consider quitting the club.

This got me thinking. What exactly was the problem and how do I tackle it?

"Oi, Sudou"

It was Komiya and Kondo.

"Hmm?"

"Don't get too cocky just because you're the ace. Get that head any bigger and we're going to smash your basketball carreer."

Anyways, what do I do with Ayanokouji? I needed to know what was his motive for changing classes. His goal wasnt definitely Class A. But for some reason when we were fighting against him I saw considerable growth of the three Classes back then... as if guiding us into taking the correct steps...

"Oi, we're not done with you"

I caught Komiya's fist

"Now now, don't get too angry kids I'm thinking of something important."

I left the two alone, they seem to be grumbling something. As long as I don't get provoked its not a big issue so it's better left ignored rather than insitigating it.

Returning to matter at hand... the only way to know is to confront him about it but knowing him all of his answers would be vague. How do I crack such a shell?

I'm not really made for this kind of thing...

Should I ask Karuizawa for help? But I didn't even know how they became a couple in the first place.

Thinking about it like this I just decided to do my best in giving him company and provide protection to my classmates.

I don't know if I have the capacity to save the other students from other classes. We did form some sort of camaraderie when the three classes worked together but I don't really know what's going on behind the scene even in my own class. All I know is that all the top guns in the school respect Ayanokouji.

---

Yamauchi, Ike and I had a celebration.... only that we didn't have any food we're all broke but nevertheless we just played online games for the whole night. We celebrated all our scores. Yamauchi got an average of 51 while Ike got an average of 53.

Its nice, but their perversion is too much which led the class in ganging up on Yamauchi, Ike and I having the most censure votes. So I've just been basically using force to stop them from such perverse actions. Hopefully their perversion in this timeline wont get dragged further to the bottom.

After a few days of uneventful but peaceful school life...

"Kukuku, Sudou Ken let's have a little talk"

End of Chapter

---

954 Words

A short chapter I know. But I just wanted to know yall's opinion.

If I were to write how other perceives Sudou would you guys prefer I do it before or after the Island Exam?