CH-6: Undergoing The Process

Sentinel left for his top-secret mission a few days later and Autobot Highbrow arrived to substitute for him. He was a good trainer. TurboRacer liked him better than Sentinel, and all the other bots seemed to as well.

 TurboRacer liked him better than Sentinel, and all the other bots seemed to as well

"Alright, troops, I am Highbrow, your substitute drill sergeant for the time being." Highbrow said on his first day in. "Sentinel Minor has been sent on a secret mission and will be back shortly. For now, you all will respect and follow my orders. We will go through the same drills and exercises as you usually go through, but we'll be doing things a bit differently. Sentinel told me he usually starts you all out with one-hundred transform-ups. But I'll have you all do fifty today and we'll work our way up. I'd rather not beat the slag out of you on our first day together. Instead, I'd like to know how well you can handle fifty of them first. Now let's get transforming!"

"SIR, YES, SIR!" The group shouted, then began their first exercise with Highbrow.

After they were done for the day, TurboRacer found a chance to go talk with Scarlet-Falcon. "So how do you like Highbrow?" He asked her.

"He's good, I like him better than Sentinel." Scarlet-Falcon replied.

"Yeah, I wish we could have him as the sergeant for the rest of our training career." TurboRacer joked.

"Well, let's hope Sentinel comes back a little different. Maybe he'll be a bit merciful when he does!" Scarlet-Falcon suggested.

"Oh I hope so!" TurboRacer hoped.

Unfortunately, Sentinel was anything but merciful when he returned. Something went very wrong on the mission and he took his anger out on his students.

"Alright, you miserable crankshafts. I've returned, now it's back to the old vis-screen! Now drop and give me a hundred! NOW!!!" Sentinel screamed at them as soon as he got back.

The first workout with him back was very intense; even worse than ever before! TurboRacer and the other students eventually came back to their dorms with aching joints everywhere.

"Sentinel sure beat the online slag out of us today! What is wrong with him?!" TurboRacer complained.

"I know! I usually am willing to take hard workouts, but he's just gone crazy this time!" Ironhide said in accord.

"Yeah, I wonder what happened to him on his trip!" Scarlet-Falcon asked.

"He's had a rough mission, kids." Highbrow said, who was still around getting ready to leave. "I'm not allowed to give all the details, but he lost two of his comrades: one was expelled from the Elite Guard; the other one was killed in action. He took it rather hard, and I guess he still hasn't gotten over it. If it does you so, I'll say something to him on my way out."

"Okay. Thank you, Highbrow. You've been a good sub!" TurboRacer thanked on everyone's behalf.

"Yes, we'll miss you. Keep in touch and we'll let you know when we all graduate." Longarm added.