CH-18: Along Came A Spider

It was soon enough the month known as October, and everyone was decorating for Halloween and buying small foodstuff items known generally as candy and large round fruits called pumpkins.

"Too round..." Sari commented while they were picking out pumpkins from a nearby pumpkin patch. "Too orange..." She shook her head about the next one. "Too... normal!" She couldn't make up her mind that easily. "Yeah, that's the one!" Sari looks at a rather large one that was the size of Jumpstart's helm.

"Let me give ya a hand with that." Bulkhead said, now picking it up for Sari, but he inadvertently crushed it in his servo by accident. "Oops, my bad."

"I still don't get what the point is of these weird plump fruits, Sari." TurboRacer questioned, scratching his helm.

"We like to carve faces in them, Turbo. Then we put a candle inside while they glow. They're called Jack-o-lanterns, they're really cool!" Sari explained.

"Um... what kind of faces?" Jumpstart asked.

"Like that one over there." Sari pointed to a small pumpkin that had been carved and was glowing.

TurboRacer looks carefully at the jack-o-lantern, then he realised the face carved in it reminded him of that very spooky face of that one triple-changer Decepticon he met back on Mars. "Whoa, it's Blitzwing!" He jumps back a little, embarrassing himself.

"Blitzwing? Who's Blitzwing?" Sari questioned.

"Oh... he's a Decepticon the others and I met on Mara before coming here. I swear, that pumpkin looks just like him!" TurboRacer answered back.

"A Decepticon with a jack-o-lantern face? Have you been listening to too much of Ratchet's war-tales, Turbo?" Bumblebee teased.

"To make it worse, he has three faces, actually! One is blue and has this optic-scope, the other being red and hot-tempered and kinda sounds like that Terminator guy from that action movie we watched the other day." TurboRacer added in.

"Don't worry, Turbo. I'm sure there are no Decepticons disguised as pumpkins around here!" Bulkhead teased.

"He wasn't a pumpkin. He is a tank.... and a jet! He is one of those crazed triple-changers, kind of like me." TurboRacer said.

"I thought that project proved ineffective stellar-cycles ago, TurboRacer?" Optimus said.

"Maybe for the Decepticons, I guess. But not for the Autobots." TurboRacer shrugged back.

"Well it's okay, Turbo. People may dress up in costumes and stuff, but it's just Halloween, no one or nothing can hurt you!" Sari said cheering him up.

"So Sari, tell me again: the purpose of this "Halloween" is to disguise yourself in order to frighten strangers and... extort sugar-infused nuggets..." Optimus asked, still trying to figure it out.