Chapter 1

A sunny day begins as dawn breaks over Tengu city, and alarm clocks wake its populace. Over in the residential zone near the outskirts of the city, the two inhabitants of the Itsuka residence are also woken up.

Two students, an older brother, and a little sister, aged 16 and 13 years old respectively. The boy, Shido, had short but thick blue hair, along with brown eyes. He turned the alarm clock off, and hid under bed.

"Five more minutes..." he muttered.

A girl came running into the room, spinning about, brimming with energy. Her orange, with a hint of light red hair was tied by two white ribbons into a twin tail, she wore white shirt with a dark blue tie along with a blue skirt and white/black stockings. Besides a buttoned black jacket, this was the school uniform for girls.

She noticed Shido still in bed.

"Good morning..." muttered Shido.

"Onii-chan, what are you still doing in bed?" she asked curiously.

"Trying to get some sleep..."

She gained a wide grin, as she jumped onto his bed, stood up and started wriggling about.

Usual Monday, with her disallowing me a moment of peace in the morning...

"Nrgh... Kotori, my adorable little sister..."

She stopped and looked at him.

"What is it, my dear brother?"

"Do you mind getting off me and the bed? You're heavy!"

"But Onii-chan, you have to wake up!"

She got on her knees and started pulling the bedsheet, as Shido tried to fight back.

"Just five more minutes...!"

"Wake up, Onii-chan! Wake up!" she said as she pulled.

"Run for it, Kotori," he suddenly said.

"Huh?" she asked, confused.

"I think I've contracted the T-Virus, also known as the Tickle Virus, and if you don't get off my bed... I'll begin tickling you uncontrollably!" he said with a scary voice.

"W-What?!" she uttered, as she stood up.

"Save yourself, Kotori! Run!"

"B-But what about you, Onii-chan?!" she asked, fear gripping her.

Shido, hidden by the bedsheet, didn't respond, and after a short delay he jumpscared Kotori, who screamed in place before running away as fast as she could muster.

Shido sighed and faintly smiled.

"Good grief."

He got out of bed and dressed in his school uniform, which was similar to Kotori's, but he also wore a black jacket and instead of a skirt, grey pants. The black jackets also had a red logo on it, symbolising their school.

Afterwards, he went down the stairs into the living room, as he hummed to himself. He stopped when he saw Kotori hidden behind one of the tables, which she turned around to cover herself.

She was shaking in fear, covering her head.

"I'm so scared... The T-Virus is gonna get me..." she uttered.

Shido smirked, as he sneaked over to the blue couch.

"Aargh!" he screamed loudly.

Kotori let out a scream again, as she backed against the wall and let out several tiny sobs, as she eyed her surroundings. Shido leaned his hand on the couch and put it up.