GLITCH 10

▒GLITCH 10

°=°=°=°

"Why don't we visit... Yumi-chan?"

'Yumi'? Akashi thought to himself as he stopped eating his custard momentarily. Is this the same Yumi I know? And visit her where? A hospital maybe?

"... I really miss her..." Mayu lamented, putting down her snack with a sad smile upon her lips.

"I do too..." Ami whispered, her free hand clenching. What she said next froze up Akashi's body as his eyes widened at the stranger's statement. He didn't want to believe what Ami had just said, there's just... no way!

"Now let's go and ask her mother where she's buried. They never really invited us to her funeral, ne? Mean..."

Yumi is dead... She's dead.Akashi abruptly stood up from his seat and walked towards the couch were Ami and Mayu were seated which albeit startled him. "Did you say Yumi?" He spoke to them quickly.

They nodded hesitantly. "Y-Yeah, we did. Did you know her?" Ami asked Akashi who took a seat across them after getting his snack from his table.

"... I knew one." He answered after a few seconds. "So... she died?"

"Yeah, that's what her parents told us." Mayu answered him.

"... I need to show you two something." He said. "Is there a time where the two of you are available tomorrow? Please do not misinterpret this, I am merely proposing that the three of us meet since I urgently need your help."

Ami and Mayu hesitated for a while since the person speaking to them was a total stranger. You can never trust people these days, you never know what they could do to you. "What will the meeting involve?" Ami inquired.

"Yumi."

The two girls gasped quietly and had a small meeting among them. "Should we?"

"I don't know. He really looks like he knows Yumi-chan, Ami-chan."

"I... How will we know that we could trust him? He could be some kind of molester or maybe he's a hit man after us."

"Ami-chan?!"

"I can hear the both of you talking about me." Akashi sighed, surprising the girls. "I fully understand how hard it is to trust a stranger, but believe me what I want to discuss about- It's about Yumi."

"I guess... we could trust you..." Ami spoke after a while. "But I swear if you make any malicious moves on us-"

"I assure the two of you that my mother taught me to be a gentleman and I would never disrespect a woman."

"The guy seems nice..." Mayu sighed. "We trust you." Ami and Mayu chorused.

Akashi inwardly smiled at their answer. "Now, repeating my question, do the two of you have any time available for tomorrow?"

"My whole family wants to spend the weekends with my grandmother, so no I'm not really available. What about you, Mayu-chan?" Ami asked, turning towards the girl.

"We leave on Sunday to go back to Okayama, so I'm available tomorrow.' Mayu replied.

The red head sighed. "That's quite far..." Akashi mumbled. "What about next week?"

"Yeah, I'm available next week."

"Same."

"Then it's settled. Could I request for your contact numbers so that we could keep in touch?" the basketball player asked, handing them a small piece of paper from one of his notebooks. The two girls wrote down their numbers and Akashi placed the paper inside his pocket afterwards. He ripped out another piece of paper and wrote the details for their meeting.