GLITCH 21

▒GLITCH 21

°=°=°=°

Once Akashi had heard what Yumi said, he jumped down from the tree branch and sprinted towards Mayu's house. He placed his phone next to his ear and said, "You need to explain how you're alive to us, all right?" He asked quickly then pocketed his phone, not waiting for her answer.

He finally arrived to Mayu's house and hastily knocked on the door. It was opened by her mother. "Well hello. Do you need anything sir?"

"I'm here to speak to Mayu and Ami please. This is urgent."

She could see that Akashi was telling the truth but she still needed a precaution so she yelled out, "Mayu-chan! Do you know anyone named..." Akashi told her his name. "Akashi Seijūrō? He's here right now to talk to you and Ami-chan."

"Yes, we know one." Mayu said, jogging down the stairs. "Let him in, mom."

"Hey, it's Akashi-san!" Ami exclaimed when she saw the red head. "How's it going?"

"Yumi has some explaining to do." He said, closing the door behind him and placing his unlocked phone on the center of the small circle that the three teens created when they had taken a seat.

"Ami-chan, Mayu-chan, Akashi-sama," Yumi started. "I'm alive."

The two girls froze at the statement, but Mayu was able to recover from it. "C–Could you repeat that, Yumi-chan?"

The said girl laughed gleefully and repeated that she was alive. She saw the shocked looks of the two girls while Akashi looked calm, but she knew that he was confused as well. "Let me explain—"

"Please do." Ami squeaked out.

"—I had glitched again a while ago and when I was doing so, I saw a scenario of myself saving Yukine from a speeding car which was about to hit him because he was chasing a butterfly, so it hit me instead. The injuries consisted of broken bones and a major head injury. I was sent to the hospital and the doctors told my parents that I was in a coma after they had done various surgeries. The coma lasted for a whole year but the doctors didn't see any positive signs that I was waking up so they had recommended pulling the plug."

"But your parents told us that they did!" Ami exclaimed.

"It's simple; they lied to you." Yumi replied. "What you didn't know is that the doctors and some scientists saw that my brain was 'unique' and that I was mentally gifted so they proposed to use my brain to make a program and in exchange, they would keep me alive and as well as decreasing the expenses." The white haired program explained. "And by the way, I remember everything now." A sly smile made its way to her lips as she looked at Ami. "I remember when Ami tripped on her crush and ended up—"

"THAT'S ENOUGH, YUMI-CHAN!"

"So where is the hospital?" Mayu inquired.

"I remembered seeing that it was in the Kurashiki Central Hospital in Okayama, but they had transferred me to a secret facility inside Awashima Island in the Kagawa Prefecture."

"That's south from here." Akashi noted.

"But why were you put into Akashi-san's phone?" Mayu asked.

"I remember hearing that if the heir of the Akashi Company were to like the program, they would think of various ways to distribute it around Japan, or the world even. It's quite mad if you ask me. I hypothetically think it would be impossible since the human brain could not handle that much stress." Yumi answered. "Moving on, the reason why my parents lied about me dying is because they signed a contract saying that they should not say a word of this to anyone. Not even my brother. Thus creating me, Yumi."