Chapter 1

The year is 1888. I lived in Paris, France. 

 I am an America woman and I am thirty two years old. 

My name is Lena. I have white skin, brown eyes, and long dark brown hair.  

My parents lived in America, living their lives together. I am an only child. 

It was a sunny day outside. I was at the park; sitting on a bench enjoying the beautiful day. There were many people at the park; as they were either walking around, playing with their children, or riding around in carriages. It really was a beautiful day outside.

(LATER THAT DAY)

The sun had set and it was now nighttime outside. I was walking back to my house. The stars were shinning in the night sky. 

Then; I heard someone scream. It sounded like a woman. Then; I heard a laugh; to which it sounded like an evil mans laugh. What was that?

All of the sudden; I looked up and I noticed a large giant figure climbing up the church, as I was walking past. The figure was a rather large giant man; that had climbed up on the roof and went inside the church.

"Excuse me, miss?" A voice said. 

I looked over and I saw a man, who was standing near me. 

The man was wearing all black clothing: a black leather vest, black leather jacket, black shirt, black boots, and a black hat. Also; this man had shoulder length long dark brown black hair, white skin, same stubbly facial hair, and he was a little taller than me. This man was very handsome, and he was American. 

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Did that man harm you?" The man asked me. 

"No he didn't. I just noticed him climbing up the church" I said. 

"That's Dr. Jekyll, now known as Mr. Hyde. He has been murdering many people around here" The man explained. 

The man pulled out a gun, from up underneath his jacket. 

"What are you going to do?" I asked. 

"I'm going to hunt down Dr. Jekyll and kill him" The man said. 

"Wait; who are you?" I asked. 

"I'm Van Helsing" The man said, introducing himself.

Van Helsing went inside the church. Who was he really? I had to know who he was. 

Then; I heard something up on top of the church. I looked up to see that Mr. Hyde was up on top of the church. Also; Mr. Hyde was holding Van Helsing. 

Then; Mr. Hyde threw Van Helsing off of the roof.

"NO!" I cried. 

Van Helsing heard my cry out; and he used his grappling hook to land safely on the ground. I just stood there in shock; along with being relieved that Van Helsing was not hurt.

Then; suddenly; Van Helsing was pulled back up to the top of the church. Mr. Hyde fell off of the roof, transformed back into Dr. Jekyll, and he hit the ground; dying on impace of hitting the ground. 

Many people surrounded the dead body of Dr. Jekyll. I looked up and saw Van Helsing; as he stood on top of the church roof and looked down at everyone. 

"Van Helsing! You're a murderer!" A policeman shouted

Van Helsing put on his hat; he nodded at me, then he disappeared. Where did Van Helsing go? What was his mission in life? Who was he? What kind of person was he?  

I just had to know who Van Helsing was

NOTE:  Well here's to another story that I am posting!  More chapters to come!

All rights for the photo (Above) go to the movie Van Helsing, Universal Pictures, and Bing.com

Link for the photo: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/ea/9c/5fea9c4c38929a9162e3da8e86842b96.jpg