Chapter 3

We arrived in Rome; at Vatican City. Van Helsing helped me off of his horse, and we walked inside the cathedral. 

A man met us in one of the confession chambers. This man was a priest; as he was known as the Cardinal. The Cardinal priest wore red and white robes. 

We were led into an underground chamber; that was beneath the cathedral. I explained everything that I saw with Mr. Hyde, and so did Van Helsing.

"Now; we need you to travel to Transylvania" The cardinal said.

"And do what exactly?" Van Helsing said. 

"Kill Count Dracula" The cardinal said. 

"Excuse me; but isn't that a myth?" I asked. 

"Not in this world" The cardinal said.

"I witnessed the fight with Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde; surely Dracula can't be real" I said. 

"Well unfortunately; Dracula is real, in this world" The cardinal said.

"So; I am to hunt down Dracula, and kill him" Van Helsing said.

"Correct" The cardinal said. 

"I have to get Lena back to Paris first" Van Helsing said. 

"Lena witnessed the fight with Mr. Hyde. She should go with you" The cardinal said. 

"I can go with you" I said. 

"Are you sure, Lena?" Van Helsing said. 

Van Helsing put his hand on my shoulder. He had a look of concern on his face. 

"Yes I'm sure. I'll go with you to Transylvania" I said.

"Alright; but just stay close to me please. I'll protect you" Van Helsing said. 

"I will. I promise" I said.

"Alright then. Well; I guess we better go see Carl, and get ready" Van Helsing said. 

"Who's Carl?" I asked. 

"He's a monk, and he's also a good friend of mine" Van Helsing said. 

"Carl is to keep you alive" The cardinal said. 

"Of course he will" Van Helsing said. 

Van Helsing and I went downstairs; into a laboratory. There were many people who were testing out their inventions. 

There stood a man; wearing a brown monk's robe, and a headset. 

"Ah; you're back finally" Carl said. 

"Lena; may I introduce my friend Carl. He's a monk, my right hand man, and a good friend of mine" Van Helsing introduced me. 

"Actually; I'm a friar. Also; it's nice to meet you miss" Carl said. 

"To you as well" I said. 

"Why is the girl here?" Carl asked. 

"Lena witnessed the fight with Mr. Hyde. The cardinal said that Lena is to go with me to Transylvania" Van Helsing said. 

"The cardinal said that I am part of this mission" I said. 

"Well then; let's get you geared up" Carl said. 

Carl handed an empty bag to Van Helsing; and he started to place certain items into the bag. These items were: silver bullets, garlic, holy water, a crucifix, and a silver stake. 

"What's all of this stuff for?" I asked. 

"Killing vampires and werewolves" Carl said. 

Carl began to show us some of his inventions.  Van Helsing shook his head.