Chapter 9

**LENA'S POV**

Everything was still quiet.  I was still hidden, and so was Van Helsing.  I looked up, seeing Van Helsing hiding on a small ledge that wasnt too high. Van Helsing kept his eyes on me; making sure that I was okay. 

"I can hear your heartbeat. It's strange that yours is so steady" A voice said. 

The vampire appeared; walking slowly around the room. He was taunting us. 

"I can hear the woman's heartbeat as well. Hers is most fast pace; as she did cry out for you earlier" The vampire said. 

Oh No; the vampire knew that I was also in the room. 

Then; I began to feel a weird prescence around me. 

"Hello; my lovely" A voice said.

I screamed and I ran out of my hiding spot. I turned around; seeing the vampire in front of me. I was startled and frightened. Van Helsing was worried, as he saw me cornered. I knew that Van Helsing would help me. 

"Please....don't kill me" I pleaded.

"You are so beautiful. Tell me: where did you come from, my lovely?" The vampire asked me. 

"Who's asking?" I replied. 

Then; something fell from the ceiling, catching the vampire's attention, as he turned around abruptly. Van Helsing jumped in front of me; and he stabbed the vampire in the chest with a silver stake. The vampire was shocked, and he looked up at us. Van Helsing put me behind him. 

"Hello Gabriel" The vampire said. 

Wait...what? How did the vampire know Van Helsing and why? Then; the vampire pulled the sliver stake out of his chest. The vampire wasn't affected by the stake. 

"Is this your silver stake, here?" The vampire said

The vampire threw the silver stake on the ground. Van Helsing and I just stood there in shock. Van Helsing held my hand tightly. 

"How long has it been Gabriel? Three or four hundred years?" The vampire asked. 

Van Helsing didn't answer the question. How did this vampire know Van Helsing?

"You don't remember anything? Do you?" The vampire asked

"What exactly should I be remembering?" Van Helsing asked. 

"You are the great Van Helsing! Who was trained by monks and mullahs from Tibet, all the way to Istanbul" The vampire said. 

Thunder still boomed outside. The vampire continued to taunt us. I held Van Helsing's hand tightly. 

"You are protected by Rome herself. However; you are like me; who is hunted by all and everyone else" The vampire said. 

"The knights of the holy order know all about you, pal. I wouldn't be surprised if you know all about me" Van Helsing said.